Ark Ideas is looking for a talented, experienced, hard-working, independent developer with a passion for building well-designed web and mobile applications and exploring new and expanding technologies. The position requires the ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment and to assist in the all aspects of the development phase – from planning through execution. Reporting to the Director of Technology and Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting/spearheading ongoing and new development projects, as well as bug fixes and internal tech support.
If you love to work with APIs, building cool software and to just straight up tinker and play with code, then this is the place for you! We enjoy a flexible work atmosphere in our Center City office that is jeans-preferred with a small-business culture and a big business mindset.
Ark Ideas is a technology development and consulting company focused on improving workflow, automated process and designing killer software. Our goal at Ark Ideas is to serve as a life-long partner for businesses seeking to evolve and prosper in today’s digital age. Our team is dedicated to forging and integrating emerging technologies so that our clients’ businesses are more streamlined, efficient, and profitable than they ever thought possible. We leverage our vast knowledge in every phase of development and help companies understand how cutting-edge tech applications can simplify business practices, open up new avenues for advertising and increase their exposure as a vital brand in today’s marketplace.
At this time, we are looking for full-time candidates only, not freelancers.
This position is open to individuals only, agencies need not apply.
First preference will be given to candidates in the Philadelphia area.
* Strong knowledge in PHP, MySQL and Relational Databases: 3 years
* Strong knowledge of the Laravel framework
* Working with and integrating Web Services / External APIs
* Working with a team (designers, project managers, developers) to create/advance cutting-edge web and mobile applications
* Assisting with project planning, scoping, and execution
* Responsible for converting graphic designs into functional UI
* Custom programming in web and mobile application development
* Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing development projects
* Should prove to be a valuable technical resource for other team members
* Independence, willingness to learn and problem solving skills are a must
* BA/BS in related field (preferred)
* At least three years of work experience
* Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
* Organization, and ability to communicate and work as part of a team
An ideal candidate would also posses the following:
* Experience using TDD strategies a plus
* Working knowledge of Vue, using Vue-router and Vuex a plus
* Experience working with Git a plus
* Experience working with large scale cloud based systems a plus
* Mobile Application development in the iOS and Android platforms a plus
Pay is dependent on skill level and experience. We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, paid vacation time, 401k & team oriented environment in Center City Philadelphia.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.