Located in Pittsburgh, PA, the PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy family of companies are a premier general contractor and construction manager consistently ranked in the Top 100 builders nationally by Engineering News Record, and locally one of Pittsburgh’s “Best Places to Work.” As our $1B a year business continues to grow, we are looking for a Software Developer to join our internal software development team.
As much as deep technical skills are critical, a humble, positive, hard-working attitude comes first. The most successful candidate will be one who is incredibly professional, disciplined, focused, and leaves one’s ego at the door. We are seeking a team player first and foremost.
We have a dynamic environment with lots of projects and tasks. We have a relatively small project management and development team that supports hundreds of applications and thousands of users so we jump in and help each other as needed. You will be expected to do the same. Our team does more than just pure software development. We are also internal business consultants and analysts. We help with process improvement across our business. As such, we are looking for someone who excels at working directly with end users and who can help solve complex business problems.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, profit sharing, and a positive team oriented environment. If this kind of opportunity is of interest to you, please continue reading more about the position.
As a Software Developer on the team, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Analysis, design, and development of software applications using appropriate technologies and tools to provide innovative solutions for company-wide and/or complex specialized systems. This includes building new applications, enhancements to existing systems, data exchanges between systems, and bug fixes with existing systems.
- Interact directly with end users during the entire lifecycle of a project from requirements gathering through to implementation and support.
- Write documentation for the software applications.
Provide direct end user support or training as needed.
- Research, analyze, an evaluate current technology trends to determine applicability and viability at the company.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and training sessions to maintain the knowledge and skills necessary for fulfilling the position requirements.
If you are excited by this opportunity, then we are excited to hear from you!
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Our technology stack includes:
- IBM Notes & Domino Version 9 application development platform including LotusScript and XPages
This is a primary skill and you will need to have it or be willing to acquire it.
- Microsoft SQL
- iOS development platform
- Esri ArcGIS development platform
- Amazon Web Services
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1130907&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000322113206#/ →