2018 2019 School Year
Start Date: July 1, 2018
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates six schools in Boston, Lawrence, and Springfield, MA. We serve over 3,000 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The Principal will serve as an UP Academys instructional leader. The school leader will co-lead the School Leadership Team with the Director of Operations and will oversee the implementation of the academic model throughout the school. The Principal with directly manage the Deans of Curriculum and Instruction and the Deans of Students. The Principal will work closely with members of the UP Education Network Team and be managed by a member of the Academic Team.
• Provide exemplary leadership to all members of the schools community to achieve outstanding performance
• Dramatically improve student achievement by leading the educational program
• Manage faculty and staff effectively, holding staff accountable for meeting high standards for student academic and behavioral performance
• Foster commitment among faculty and staff members to the development and fulfillment of the schools mission and objectives
• Establish and ensure a joyful, structured, achievement-oriented school culture
• Maintain communication and relations with families, ensuring families are kept involved with and held accountable for their childrens academic and behavioral performance
• Oversee students academic and behavioral program, including disciplinary decisions, scheduling and class decisions, educational program, and assessment and accountability
• Work with Director of Operations to lead the schools administrative program
• Build an effective, efficient, action-oriented, and highly accountable data analysis and action planning process that ensures individual student and whole-class deficiencies are overcome after each interim assessment cycle
• Create a highly systematic and wide-ranging network of school-level supports designed to catch students who are struggling to excel in their new school environment and act as a safety net to ensure students do not fall behind.
• Recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, develop, retain, and, when necessary, dismiss staff
• A strong belief in UP Education Networks core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
• Bachelors degree is required, Masters degree is preferred
• A valid Massachusetts Principal/Assistant Principal License for the appropriate grade level
• Current authorization to work in the United States A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment
Compensation and Benefits
Your salary is commensurate with experience; UP Academy follows the salary scales of each UP Academys host school district. As an employee of UP Academy and your respective school district, you will receive the same access to personal and sick days, health insurance, and dental insurance as others within your union.
Working at UP Education Network
We know that great staff members directly lead to the success of our students. At UP, your career is shaped by:
- Opportunities for immediate impact: UP offers a chance to bring best practices found in high-performing schools to students previously enrolled in struggling schools, and to rapidly unlock the potential of these students
- Talented, mission-driven colleagues: Our staff is enthusiastic, dedicated, and willing to do whatever it takes to put every student on the path to college
- Collaboration and teamwork: Staff members collaborate and work closely together on grade-level or content area teams, using data to track student performance as well as guide instructional practice
- Consistent professional growth and development: Members of our staff typically have bi-weekly check-in meetings with their managers where they receive targeted coaching and support and the entire staff participates in weekly professional development sessions during the school year, kick-started by extensive training in August.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models – in their teachers, their school leaders, and their supporters in the network office. With this in mind, we are committed to recruiting the most talented individuals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/117034 →