SEG will provide system and software engineering support for the certification of current and future Naval Surface Combat Systems. Responsibilities to include the following:
- Provide support for the generation and configuration management of updates to the Combat System Certification Plan to be approved by the responsible authorities.
- Activities shall include mapping engineering artifacts to OQE per the certification criteria and identifying artifacts for reuse.
- Provide recommendations to improve the certification process, criteria, and tools to that support an enterprise certification approach.
- Support and assist in generation of certification related documentation and briefing material including Statement of Findings (SOFs), assessment reports, status reports, and Combat System authorization and certification letter.
- Brief assessment reports to program and project stakeholders.
- Candidates for this position must have a SECRET level security clearance. Interim Secret clearances are acceptable.
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Accredited Master of Science (MS) Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum OR MS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
- Fifteen (15) years of general Surface Navy Combat Systems engineering experience with five (5) years of specialized experience in the certification of combat systems and ten (10) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems Experience
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is convenient to routes 32, 29, and 95. SEG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits, work environment and outstanding growth opportunities.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to generous vacation leave SEG ofers sick leave benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115609 →