CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Principal Engineer (Chief Telecommunications Engineer) studies, designs, engineers, constructs, installs, and coordinates telecommunications equipment, systems, and facilities; and performs engineering studies involving equipment, applications, or theoretical analyses of such engineering methodologies. This position is the focal point for all engineering related technical oversight. Shall have a thorough understanding of technical detail of installed infrastructure and shall maintain current understanding of ongoing and planned changes or impacts to infrastructure.
Principal Engineer will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects which involves engineering development, architecture, integration and interface design analysis, installation, integration, fielding and field analysis, operations, maintenance, and testing of hardware and software.
- Achieve a high level of performance for technical and engineering quality through technical planning, leading, organizing, and motivating teams of contractors and subcontractors
- Responsible for researching, cost-justifying, recommending, and establishing current and future hardware and software architectures for all aspects of IT, from networks up through operating systems and shared software services
- Responsible for support system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, operating system, and other platform specifications to meet requirements while maintaining interoperability with existing sponsor network(s)
- Perform a variety of network engineering tasks and activities concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, and shall often be called on to troubleshoot unique or complex problems
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Government personnel
- Bachelors of Science/Engineering degree in Electrical, Physics, or Engineering Technology with course work equivalent to a BSSE program
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field highly desired
- CLEARANCE: Current TS/SCI eligibility at time of application; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or Single Scope Background Investigation Periodic Review (SSBI-PR) within the last five years that was favorably adjudicated
- Have no break, greater than 24 months, in military service, Federal civilian employment, or access to classified information under the Industrial Security Program
- Must have extensive knowledge, familiarity, and work experience with Department of Defense, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security and Intelligence Community networks
- TRAVEL: Some local travel will be required; ~5% CONUS travel
- Minimum of six years of experience managing complex projects that encompassed and facilitated all technologies of the telecommunications industry
- Experience in: Access, Transport, Ethernet, MPLS, Optical, DWDM, Security, Public and Private Internet, International Connectivity, Voice, SATCOM, Collocation, and SDN
- Three years’ experience as a Senior Telecommunications Engineer
- Three years planning and executing local and long-haul communications
Alternate Location: US-North Carolina-Fayetteville; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 176607
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/117158 →