Client Reference Code: 188291
Essential Job Functions:
This position will technically lead a team of Engineers responsible for supporting Charter’s centralized Video Application Platform (VAP) environment for Applications (National Meta Data, Publishable Interfaces, Package Media Gateway) as well as any other infrastructure, servers or applications that comprise of the overall product delivery for both classic video and Charter IP Video Applications. Candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience with video apps, specifically IOS, Android, Roku, xbox and Samsung TV video clients, their architecture and deployment methods. This role is responsible for engaging on critical field issues that may be escalated through Video Support Center and NOC for additional support. This person will have the Subject Matter Expertise to engage with as well as provide leadership and direction to our operations and vendor community if we need to alter code parameters or configurations. This role will be key for our whole Charter Video central infrastructure used to deliver the video apps platform services as well as centralized backoffice components for our set top box guide service.
This role will also be responsible for creating and implementing tools that improve operational efficiencies and provide better metrics and allow for monitoring of critical system components.
This position will interact closely and develop relationships with our Software Engineering, Advanced Engineering, XG Client Development team, Quality Assurance, Video Support Center and NOC as well as various Vendor partners.
The position requires systems knowledge about Virtual Machine infrastructure. Ideal Candidate will have to demonstrate a disciplined approach that will be required to be successful in a new and rapidly moving environment to succeed. Position will be key in tracking down and organizing all of the parties required to bring a new products into the VAP environment as well as in handling modifications to existing platforms. This means coordinating dates, level of effort estimations and communications between product owners, infrastructure architecture, infrastructure operations, network architecture, network engineering, network operations, and the various program and project managers across those groups. This position will be part of the VAP team that will be the central landing spot for all things VAP, from concept through to decommission. Knowledge and experience with operational process will be invaluable to reduce the barrier to entry on the VAP platform. In addition, candidate will be required to provide automation scripts for deployment of new VMs to ensure a consistent product is delivered to the product owners as well as tools to monitor status of certain products during maintenances to ensure consistent delivery of service. From new VM deployments, to ACL management, to network coordination, to architecture documentation no one day will be the same as the previous. VAP will continue to grow and candidate will be the driving force behind getting the requisite parties on board and understanding the needs of the VAP platform going forward. This requires deep understanding of every product on VAP and its needs from a network, storage and compute perspective as well as understanding what is possible in the new environment in both the short term and the long term as we move to a more stable active/standby and then active/active VAP environment. All without impacting existing performance.
Position requires availability outside of normal business hours on an oncall basis.
- 7+ years experience in a product support environment including after hours on call
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must have good systems engineering skills to manage and drive new systems implementation and improvements
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with VMWare and/or other Virtual Platforms.
- Experience with NFS and Oracle, preferably Oracle RAC
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cisco DNCS and/or Motorola DAC digital video controller systems along with associated technologies required for delivery of video is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Network Protocols and troubleshooting complex networking infrastructures.
- Ability to work as a team and promote teamwork within the team.
- Leadership and/or management experience that includes employee development and training is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Scripting experience (python/bash/perl) is preferred
- Comfortable with command line
- Comfortable reading logs (for example: SPLUNK or ELK)
- Use of monitoring tools such as Icinga Nagios, AppDynamics, NetCool and others
- Strong understanding of how to create/follow a method of procedure to troubleshoot/maintain and configure systems
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/21827 →