Client Reference Code: 211133
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance physical hardware, databases, and other data application infrastructure used by multiple analyst teams. Works with technical operations staff on system design, configuration, and implementation; interfaces with analytic staff to determine how to solve for various reporting issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides engineering technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of network operations experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience database administration.
- At least three (3) years of project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge (ideally 5 years) in scripting (SSH, Bash, Perl, Java), Oracle DB, & firewall, network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology for server and NAS devices.
- Advanced knowledge (ideally 8 years) in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, Solaris, UNIX, server virtualization and containers.
- Solid knowledge (8 years) in TCP/IP, OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, network devices, network designing software, and basic network appliances.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Postgre SQL database administration experience.
- Industry / vendor specific certifications & training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Job Code : TWCEGN330 Principal Engineer I Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100156 →