Client Reference Code: 202077-2
The Software Principal II position is responsible for software design, development, contributing to architecture discussions, maintenance, bug fixes, code reviews, and general knowledge sharing with larger team. Ensuring the team follows best practices through example and mentorship. Establish and guide development processes, tools and ensure the team is using the best tools for the job at hand.Required background in distributed applications in a multi-server and multi-tenant environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, manage and guide change for software tools, upgrades, patch deployment, etc… in our softeware deployment and development environments.
- Regularly participate in design discussions and contribute to architecture teams as needed.
- Represent Software Development to support Operations in architecture/design phase meetings.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Create and manage Development Operations deliverables such as standards document, run books and MOPs
- Mentors and guides the work of the technical team members
- Reviews the work of the technical team members and suggest improvements
- Provide technical strategy for all areas of Development Operations
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, Amazon AMIs, Kubernetes & Docker Containers)
- Java programming language.
- Must have strong hands on experience in relational and non-relational databases (Ideally NoSQL based systems like Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction
- Agile experience working on Scrum and Kanban
- Strong technical foundation, a proven track record in delivering high quality work
Desired Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience with public and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Tomcat and Linux environments
- Must have strong hands on experience in relational and non relational databases (Ideally NoSQL based systems like Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Prior Cable / Television industry experience with Video Engineering software and Set-Top Box technologies is a plus.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Aware of latest developments and trends in Cloud technologies, Devops tools/processes
- Technical leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
Desired Work Experience Number of Years
Engineering Experience 8+
Leadership experience 3+
Software Development 8+
Agile Framework 8+
Travel may be required at times (less than 10%), but no regular travel for this position.
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Job Code : TWCEGN335 Principal Engineer II Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/22302 →