Client Reference Code: 206269
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Seasoned Individual contributor providing technology leadership developing wireless access technologies including mobile, RF design and deployment support related to 5G and other wireless broadband technologies. Drives wireless technology roadmap with stakeholders, i.e. Product organization, Engineering and Operations, as well as vendors and MSO partners. Responsible for defining and developing Charter’s wireless access technology initiatives enabling wireless.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for development and evaluation of Wireless Radio Access Network (RAN) related infrastructure and products, closely collaborating with Engineering and Product organizations, vendors, MSO partners and standards and policy organizations. Drive trials in 5G and other technologies to evaluate capabilities.
• Assess new product requirements, develop solutions and evaluate performance.
• Produce Technical Bulletins and other relevant documentation for Wireless Operations to deploy and manage any new wireless network infrastructure.
• Lead trials for 5G and other evolving wireless technologies, including site selection, survey and RF design. Assist in opportunity assessment, presentation and negotiation with potential vendors.
• Represent Charter in industry and standards forums such as The Wireless Broadband Alliance, CableLabs, IEEE, WiFi Alliance, CableWiFi Federation, Small Cell Forum, etc.
• Provide input to the Standards team to drive contributions and influence the standards direction in line with Charter’s wireless strategy.
• Responsible for technology development and validation including new technology trends and their impact on Charter’s wireless strategy and services, and their capabilities, through lab evaluation and field trials.
• Refine a technology evolution roadmap (3-5 years) articulating strategic decision points and technology evolution, recommending technology and network infrastructure investments.
• Perform lab evaluation and field trials validating concepts in RAN, fixed wireless and wireless backhaul.
• Support Charter’s mobile strategy with technology expertise assessing new business opportunities like smart home, 5G’s potential impact on the wired high-speed data business, and of next-generation wireless video compression technologies.
• Contribute to intellectual property creation, patent filing and promotion of such IP through contribution to relevant standards and industry forums.
• Support Charter’s Regulatory Affairs team in FCC spectrum policy and auction rulemaking, providing technical expertise and support in preparing commentary.
• Develop carrier-grade IP video and voice delivery solutions and support new initiatives related to wireless roaming.
• Lead efforts developing innovative technologies and approaches increasing the performance, reliability, and quality of experience for customers, while driving down CPE cost.
• Support initiatives including wireless network security and network virtualization, along with applications supporting potential new services.
• Support wireless technological development for potential IoT activities and architectures.
• Drive Charter efforts to become more agnostic to silicon and OEM vendors for functions like Airtime Fairness, Band-steering, AP Steering, and WiFi APIs.
• Recommend opportunities to optimize cost, reduce complexity and improve user experience.
• Participate in hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Deep knowledge in LTE and familiarity with 5G. Clear track record of excellence managing wireless access engineering systems.
• Hands-on experience with LTE and IoT as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security.
• Ability to lead complex projects working with a matrix team of engineers at junior and senior levels across different organizations.
• Strong technology expertise, proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, superb technical skills, and a strong customer-service orientation.
• Familiarity with wireless gateway and router designs and roadmap plans for major U.S. operators
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically
• Demonstrated project management experience
BSEE/Master’s in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent; MBA preferred.
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Technology Development & Management 15+
Technology management experience working with the top MSOs, Telco, 10-12
satellite operators or major wireless vendors in the U.S.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Some management experience preferred
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Job Code : TWCEWI320 PE2, Wireless Engineering Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/56711 →