SEG will provide system and software engineering support for the certification of current and future Naval Surface Combat Systems. Responsibilities to include the following:
- Apply mission engineering practices to understand current mission and systems-of- systems operational gaps, mission needs and issues.
- Provide support in all areas of enterprise systems engineering.
- Participate in evaluating Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership & Education, Personnel, and Facilities (materiel and non-materiel) solutions to mitigate current mission needs and operational gaps.
- Apply operational knowledge and context to assist in the definition of mission requirements and capabilities for the future surface Navy (e.g. Frigate, Future Surface Combatant).
- Support the development of multi-platform scenarios that provide for assessment and evaluation of Allied/Joint/Navy mission operations.
- Participate in the development of architecture, requirements, and integration options for surface combat systems, including development of integration concept models/papers and support for performance and cost analysis.
- Support capability assessments to identify risks and mitigations and support development of Mission Threads and alignment with T&E execution. Support execution of mission area roadmaps and in the development of mission engineering products that provide detailed warfighter input into the acquisition process, specifically systems engineering activities.
- Contribute to architecture development for Fleet exercises, including development of planned and as-executed mission architectures, development of data analysis and collection plans, and participating in campaign and mission analysis.
- Assist the Government in defining and developing Concept of Employment (CONEMP) documents to include relevant operational and tactical situations, operational environments, scenarios, conditions, and constraints. Assist in the development of CONEMPs and mission scenarios to support combat system requirements definition, system development, and Test & Evaluation.
- Candidates for this position must have a SECRET level security clearance. Interim Secret clearances are acceptable.
- Fifteen (15) years of general Surface Navy Combat Systems military operations experience with ten (10) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is convenient to routes 32, 29, and 95. SEG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits, work environment and outstanding growth opportunities.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to generous vacation leave SEG ofers sick leave benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115648 →