Principal Software Engineer, Core Metadata Group
Informatica Core Metadata Group delivers authoritative and trustworthy data quality to all stakeholders, all projects, and all data domains for all projects and all business applicationson premise or in the cloudusing a single, unified platform.
Informatica Enterprise Information Catalog is an integral part of the Intelligence Data Platform and provides a single version of metadata information across any organizations data asset. Enterprise Information Catalog is responsible for
- Extracting and loading metadata across a wide variety of source systems that include DI,DM, BI and Relational sources
- Discover and profile sources to derive meaningful statistics
- Provides a rich UI interface for searching metadata and provides lineage and relationship of various metadata assets
- Leverages a variety of big data technologies.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with working experience in customer facing roles to quickly identify product/usage issues and provide technical guidance in resolving the same. In this role, you will be responsible for working with multiple internal teams (R&D, Support, Field, Product Management) and provide clarity on issues, proactively follow up to resolve these issues, provide architectural and sizing guidance where ever applicable. You will work in a fast-paced environment with the key goal of resolving customer issues at the earliest. Your technical skills will be very critical to quickly understand and narrow down the issue and provide resolutions. You will be presenting your solutions and recommendations to other product stakeholders to use as well as consider for future product roadmap.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent debugging skills with never die attitude. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide quick workarounds/solutions. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. We would like you to be someone who can experiment, fail fast and go back to learn again for new experiment with solution.
- As an integral part of the Core Metadata team you will be responsible for the following
- Be very hands-on in understanding the low level working details of the product.
- You are able to work with multiple issues during the day switching from one to another depending on stack ranking.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams to get a sense of the issue and provide resolution to customer issues.
- Working with customers during POC and helping in installation, configuration and debugging issues to successfully bring the product to a running state.
- Debug and identify configuration/product issues and work with Support and R&D
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica s products.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields. -Strong technical understanding and working knowledge of HDFS, Kerberos, SSL and Network storage.
- Working and hands on knowledge on Hadoop distributions like Cloudera and Hortonworks configurations
- Working experience and debugging knowledge on HBase, Solr and Spark.
- Exposure and good understanding of cloud deployment AWS/Azure
- Code for Emergency code fixes (EBF)
- Extensive knowledge on Linux scripting, commands and internals
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent debugging skills in Java
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment. -Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least 6-8 years working on enterprise software products.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/122871 →