The position is for a Principal Systems Engineer to become the Lead System Engineering authority for the development of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) at the Elbit Systems of America (ESA) Fort Worth site. This position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate at least 9 years’ experience in Systems Engineering for Aerospace or Military Applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Demonstrated proficiency in SySML or AADL.
- Demonstrated experience in the introduction of MBSE into a Systems Engineering Enterprise, from concept development through to validation.
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience working with the AFRL AFSIM is a plus
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity.
- Lifecycle Product development from concept through verification and delivery to the customer including integration onto the specific platform.
- Technical leadership during the design/implementation phase.
- Technical briefings to management and customers.
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills.
- Development of technical & product roadmaps and competitive assessments.
- Lead and/or review of proposals and participate in customer presentations.
- Analysis of Customer Documentation to create System Level Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), Specifications, Architectural Design and Interface Control Drawings (ICDs).
- Lead the sophisticated analysis, design and testing of complex systems
- Technical interface between ESA’s external customers and sub-contractors.
- Develop and analyze highly complex algorithms.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations
- Willingness to travel Domestically and Internationally.
- Operates under the direct supervision of his supervisor.Business Relationships:
- Works closely with the business unit program manager.
- Leads other functional resources on program tasks.
- Frequent customer interactions
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Specific Degree Field: Aeronautical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
Must have had an active Secret or higher clearance within the last two years.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/133897 →