Client Reference Code: 202345-1
This position is for a Principal Technologist with emphasis on Open Source Java development within Charter’s Service Activation group to develop middleware applications in a Services Oriented Architecture environment. This group is responsible for the designing and engineering of enterprise provisioning systems for High Speed Data, Voice (VoIP), and Video products.
Essential Job Functions:
A successful candidate, as a senior member of the Service Activation development team, will be responsible for the design and development of one of Charter’s service provisioning systems, such as the Instant Stack Web Services. This position is involved in the full software development lifecycle from requirement review, solution design, coding, unit testing, deployment, documentation, and operations support. The Instant Stack Web Services are a collection of microservices written in Java and utilize many open source libraries/frameworks such as Spring Boot, CXF, Hibernate, and Maven. We are currently in the process of containerizing these services using Docker and deploying them via Mesosphere.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- On-time delivery of assigned tasks and a high level of product quality
- Provide technical leadership and mentor the junior development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
- Interact with the cross functional teams to create and/or review product requirements, functional specifications, detailed designs, implementations, unit/integration testing and deployment
- Work with the operations group to communicate/knowledge transfer product details and support triaging production issues
- Evaluate new technologies and products
- Carry out internal tests to evaluate various design, concepts, performance and features of applications.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to entry, junior and associate level team members, including interns, to ensure a effective assimilation to the team and resource for professional growth
- A strong background of Open Source Java development experience is required
- Strong understanding of Unix and Linux based operating systems
- Strong understanding of enterprise application design, web applications, and Services Oriented Architectures
- Candidate must be a team player, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, changing priorities, and have strong problem-solving capabilities
- Required to share experience, skills, and talents with associates and mentor others
- Periodically required to do production support in a 24 X 7 Operations environment
- Ability to design and develop applications using the following technologies: Java, Spring (Core, Boot, Security, MVC, Web, Beans, Data), SLF4J, Logback, Maven, Junit, Tomcat (or app container) , Unix, Git (or other VCS)
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus: CXF, Aspects, Hibernate, Oracle Database, Mockito, Powermock, Docker, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, Splunk, Mesosphere
- Experience using design patterns and Test Driven Development experience is highly desirable.
- BS in Computer Science (or related discipline) with 6+ years of experience
- OR MS in Computer Science (or related discipline) with 4+ years of experience
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Job Code : TWCIPC335 Principal Technologist Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/22545 →