Working TitleProgrammer Analyst (#00163)
Role TitleInfo Technology Specialist II – 39112
Job Open Date01/31/2018
Job Close Date02/16/2018
Open Until FilledNo
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?No
Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience (Maximum $75,000)
AgencyDept of the Treasury (152)
LocationRichmond (City) – 760
Job Posting Number*******
Type of RecruitmentGeneral Public – G
Does this position have telework options?No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/PreferenceNo
Job TypeFull-Time (Salaried)
Job Type DetailFull-Time Salaried – Non-Faculty- FTS-1
The Department of the Treasury is an innovative, customer-driven, results-oriented state agency providing financial management services for the Commonwealth. We offer challenging and interesting work and a friendly and positive environment.
We are seeking a Programmer Analyst to support the agency mission through the development and maintenance of agency systems under the direction of the Director of Information Systems. The selected candidate will provide programming, technical, and user support for the agencies applications. The Programmer Analyst will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of continuity of operations and disaster documentation and planning for the Treasury Information Systems. The incumbent will also provide backup administration and technical support to the other agency programmers and web administrators. To be successful, you must have considerable knowledge in the languages listed below and the ability to interact with all levels of agency users and managers.
– Extensive experience with writing, delivering, and supporting object oriented enterprise level multi-user Windows and web applications.
– Demonstrated mature programming skills, and analysis, and application certification.
– Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, analyze data, and identify/define business rules.
– Demonstrated experience with version control and continuous integration tools.
– Demonstrated experience writing and maintaining system documentation.
– Considerable experience with the software development lifecycle including waterfall, agile and other methodologies.
– Extensive experience in relational database design using MS SQL Server and development, including T-SQL, SQL Server stored procedures and SQL Server Integration Services.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization, both internal and external to the agency.
– Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision, either independently or on a team.
– Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
– Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
All finalists are subject to a background investigation. The investigation may include: criminal checks; employment verification; verification of education; and other checks requested by the hiring authority.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants who possess an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under the Department of Human Resources Management (DHRM) Policy 1.30 Layoff (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only), must attach these forms with their state application.
Applications for this position must be submitted electronically through this website.
Mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications and rsums will not be accepted.
Applications must include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable.
Consideration for an interview is based on the information within the application.
A resume will not substitute for a fully completed state application.
Applications submitted with see resume under work experience are considered incomplete.
This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted for consideration.
Please refer to your RMS account for the status of your application and this position.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of candidates is received. After 5 business days, this position may be closed at any time.
The Virginia Department of the Treasury is an Equal Opportunity Employer
101 N. 14th Street, 3rd Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110634 →