Standard Casualty Company
Job Board | Cavco
Careers with Cavco Industries
Browse Open Jobs Search Open Jobs Edit Your Profile View Submitted Applications
DescriptionFILEMAKER PROGRAMMER – ANALYST
Standard Casualty Company, located in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas, specializing in manufactured, factory built, and mobile home insurance for over 50 years, is seeking a full time FileMaker Pro Programmer/Analyst in the New Braunfels/San Antonio/Austin area.
The FileMaker Pro Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the timely execution of programming and analysis tasks for complex and business-critical applications utilizing FileMaker Pro 15/16. Such tasks include application design, coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits. On average, the FileMaker Programmer/Analyst is assigned to one or more projects and will be working with local and remote IT groups. Projects are small to large scale, moderately to highly complex, and/or moderately to highly visible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Design, develop and deploy FileMaker Pro 15/16 database in-house solutions based applications for a wide range of insurance solutions based on company needs, requests and workflow analysis.
– Work with associates at local and remote offices via email, teleconference, or in person to clarify and resolve issues, evaluate and plan strategies, and to make most efficient use of our data tools.
– Assist associates in meeting their daily data needs, including fulfillment of report requests or minor system changes.
– Work on your own and as part of a team environment with other in-house developers, contractors, and associates.
– Quickly comprehend business needs and objects to summarize broad business needs into focused system requirements.
– Gather and write concise, logical, grammatically correct business requirements, and adhere to our SDLC methodology and requirement standards throughout the project.
– Take responsibility for developing and following project timelines and development plans, and for meeting associate expectations.
– Maintain and update existing based client software solutions.
– Maintain and update existing FileMaker 15/16 Advanced servers.
– Research and evaluate database solution problems and work to resolve issues.
– Provide technical support to associates for FileMaker 15/16 solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with emphasis in Information Systems, comparable degree, or equivalent work experience is required.
– 2-5+ years’ experience building FileMaker or comparative client/server based software applications from the ground up.
– 2-5+ years’ experience in relational database design
– Must be an excellent communicator, problem solver, thinker, and analyzer, with the ability to quickly understand and respond to user needs.
– Must be able to equally interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
– Must be able to project a professional image to our local and remote associates.
– Good technical skills using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15/16, including the ability to create and work with complex calculations, scripts and relationships.
– Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
– Be detail-oriented and maintain a passionate commitment toward product quality and customer service.
– Strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently and to effectively manage time.
– Ability to multi-task, and to adjust to changing requirements.
– Ability, motivation and willingness to consult with and learn from peers and to work in a group development environment.
– Deploying, configuring and optimizing FileMaker Advanced Server 15/16.
– FileMaker 15/16 Certification is desired.
– Strong knowledge of relational database design with MS SQL Server is a plus
– Familiarity and proficiency with computer programs and operating systems including, but not limited to FileMaker 15/16, MS Windows Pro 7/10, MS Server 2008/2012/2016, and MS Office Suite 2013/2016.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS WITH REASONABLE ACOMMODATIONS
– Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the time and up to 8 hours per day
– Frequently required to communicate with co-workers with the ability to exchange accurate information as necessary
– Must move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighting less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
– Ability to use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time
– Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions are the norm and background noise is present
– Ability to move throughout office
ONSITE POSITION IN NEW BRAUNFELS, TX – NO TELECOMMUTING.
Direct hire only – no recruiters.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE YOUR RESUME TO ******************
Standard Casualty Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Send This Job to a Friend
Errors occurred. View HTML source for details.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78889 →