Title: Project Manager
Location: Taunton, MA
Summary: Manage all aspects of capital equipment packaging projects including development, engineering, design, implementation, project specifications, equipment procurement, financials, scheduling, integration, installation, start-up and project closure from inception through entire project life-cycle.
Time Utilization: Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Domestic and International travel up to 30% of time. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate project meetings, installation, and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
– Manage all aspects of capital equipment packaging projects including development, design, engineering, implementation, project specifications, equipment procurement, project budget, integration, and installation. Manage project from concept through the entire project life-cycle.
– Review customer machine specifications including any recommended exceptions. Solicit RFP’s from suppliers to incorporate into client proposals for packaging equipment. Review RFQ’s to generate material costs and incorporate into overall bid. Factor lead times into project timeline.
– Liaison responsibilities with customers, suppliers, and internal employees involved in the process (e.g., technical services, product managers, etc.). Diplomacy exercised in cultural differences between teams in North America and Europe.
– Work with management to assure sufficient resources are estimated and allocated to each project.
– Lead project kick-off and engineering review meetings with vendors and customers. Coordinate with internal team members for timely completion of assigned tasks/responsibilities.
– Develop project plans, workflows, timelines, critical paths and determine potential risks.
– Manage overall project budget, procurement of equipment, and any change orders through the entire life-cycle.
– Develop and execute pre-delivery inspections, final site acceptance qualification procedures, tests for validation requirements, and all field acceptance testing.
– Stay current on new equipment technologies for ULMA and Mondini lines and travel to Spain and Italy respectively for additional training and equipment familiarization. Travel to various North American client sites for installations.
– Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
– Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in science or technical field preferably Controls or Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; and five plus years of project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working with capital equipment and working with European based companies is highly desired. Ability to prepare and modify packaging equipment layouts with CAD software. Demonstrated success in managing projects including resources, budgets, costs and timelines. Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and project leadership skills essential. Self-starter, problem solver with strong attention to detail.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write routine reports, correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Design software. The individual must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks or AutoCAD, the MS Office Suite, Windows platform, Project Management and Database software. Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired. Current valid driver’s license and current valid passport or the ability to obtain a passport.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and salary expectations to:
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC
175 John Quincy Adams Road
Taunton, MA 02780
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/107922 →