Construction Project Manager Job Summary
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Construction Project Manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will oversee financial budgets, coordinate contractors, and manage the construction process. You will also be in charge of organizing schedules, tracking inventory, and ordering and managing materials. Project managers work in many areas of development and are responsible for managing a project from start to finish. Their duties include putting together a project schedule, hiring subcontractors, negotiating contracts, and obtaining permits. Project managers supervise construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for career success. Project managers control the time, cost and quality of construction projects, from government, commercial and industrial clients. They plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including hiring contractors and working with engineers, architects and vendors. Project managers are therefore responsible for keeping the projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times. The project manager will report to the COO of the company.
* Perform daily coordination with all project site Superintendents, updating the COO on construction progress and support needed at each site.
* Collect and organize all electronic documentation for each project, including pre-bid, bid, pre-construction, construction, and close-out documents.
* Development of pre-construction submittals, including quality control, safety, risk management, and design quality control plans.
* Provide routine communication, including e-mail and telephonic contact with vendors, subcontractors, and customers.
* Manage U.S. Army Corps of Engineers projects within their online Quality Control System:
* File daily reports
* Prepare transmittal forms for all submittals
* Update schedule progress
* Track Government approvals of all submittals
* Perform other administrative and management tasks as directed by the COO.
* Ensure all site and client specific training/ site access requirements are met for all PSP employees and subcontractors.
* Deliver a weekly update to the 2-week look-ahead schedule to the client.
* Coordinate all project materials delivered to the project.
* Provide monthly pencil copy for monthly invoicing
* Coordinate inspection and oversight from the Governments Quality Assurance Representative.
* Implement the Site Specific Safety and Health Plan/ Accident Prevention Plan.
* Collect and organize all electronic documentation for each project, including pre-bid, bid, pre-construction, construction, and close-out documents. Ensure it is available on site at all times.
* Assist the Chief Operating Officer with the conduct of pre-bid site visits, site investigations, kick-off meetings, and pre-construction meetings as required.
* Bachelors degree
* Three years experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management
* Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
* Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
* Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Accurate and precise attention to detail
* Goal-oriented and organized leadership
* Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
* In-depth understanding of the construction industry
* Self-motivated and self-directed
* Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
* Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
* Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
* Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
* Certification as a project management professional (PMP) a plus
Company provides a significant contribution towards, or pays for the following: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k) Match, Phone Allowance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and more.
PSP is a rapidly growing, nimble company with extraordinary room for growth as you learn the industry and demonstrate your initiative. Travel to project sites across the United States is a requirement with all expenses paid for by the company. Team-based atmosphere where you collaborate directly with the owners to ensure our projects are successful and our customers are taken care of. Customers include the U.S. Military and Fortune 500 companies. Protect those who make our country strong!
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.