Do you dream of what cars of the future will look like when you combine them with connectivity, a smartphone, and cloud services? Can you imagine uniting those dreams with a company that has the skills and relationships to make that a reality? If so, Telenav wants you!
At Telenav, we believe the car is at the beginning of a massive innovation wave that mirrors what happened on the smartphone several years ago. Building on our long history of mobile and in-car navigation software and services, we are on a mission to make people’s lives less stressful, more productive and more fun when they’re on the go.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our growing Automotive team. As a Project Manager in Telenav you will be working closely with engineering departments focusing on initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing a number of projects designed as sustaining the company vision and executing the company strategy.
- Initiate, plan, execute and monitor your project(s) accordingly to the company defined processes correctly managing scope changes
- Be an integrated part in defining and improving project management related processes (in fact, 20% of your time will be spent in this direction)
- Ensure a permanent alignment between all project(s) team members, taking into consideration the fact that your team(s) may be distributed across three continents (US, Europe, Asia)
- Closely collaborate with Telenav’s internal departments (e.g. product management)
- Execute your project(s) iteratively and incrementally ensuring a permanent alignment with the official milestones
- Help and mentor your team(s) members in correctly employing agreed frameworks (e.g. Scrum) and in correctly using the day to day project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Guide your team(s) towards a self-organizing and an independent mindset
- Reporting the project status into steering committee and/or internal departments and/or external clients (three different levels of reporting, each with it’s own specificity)
- Build positive professional relationships with clients and associates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with SDP (Software Development Process)
- Minimum three years relevant and proven work experience in project management
- Extensive knowledge of Iterative and Incremental software development processes
- Understand the waterfall context of the Automotive world while being able to infuse the proper “architecture” in order to realize the goal of an iterative and incremental framework delivery
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience with project management related tools (with a particular focus on JIRA and the best practices established around it)
- Good cross-functional communication & influence skills
- Good planning & organizing skills
- Solid analytical & critical thinking
Telenav is a leading provider of connected car and location-based platform services, focused on transforming life on the go for people — before, during, and after every drive. Leveraging our location platform, global brands such as Ford, GM, Toyota and AT&T deliver custom connected car and mobile experiences. Additionally, advertisers such as Nissan, Denny’s, Walmart, and Best Buy reach millions of users with our highly-targeted advertising platform. To learn more about how Telenav’s location platform powers personalized navigation, mapping, big data intelligence, social driving, and location-based ads, visit www.telenav.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/98892 →