CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Summary Responsible for planning, developing, executing and managing all aspects of various projects or project tasks to address problems of a moderately complex to complex nature. Provides leadership and direction on all assigned
projects or project tasks, ensures follow through from beginning to end; ensures overall progress of assigned project from inception to implementation.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred;
– Minimum of two years increasingly responsible project management experience required with an emphasis on technical
– Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, to include intermediate knowledge of MS Project and
– Experience leading projects with successful results (scope, schedule, and budget);
– Ability to work multiple efforts and projects in parallel;
– Strong general business acumen;
– Experience leading cross-functional teams;
– Highly professional and self-motivated;
– Ability to work productively and effectively with little guidance;
– Effective team leader and consensus builder;
– Good troubleshooting skills and methodologies;
– Proven creative problem solver;
– Experience with analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects;
– Proven results in building strong peer-level and cross-functional relationships;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Experience defining and documenting processes, and driving continuous improvement to processes via process
– Good understanding of basic telecommunications networking components (ADMs, DWDMs, DACS, routers, switches,
terminal servers, etc), Long Haul and Metro networks, and ordering/provisioning/inventory processes;
– Good understanding of network security methodologies;
– Experience with customer communication and customer project management.
Essential Duties- Responsible for planning and managing resources to execute projects or project components from
inception through implementation. May work directly with clients, project and business leaders to identify analytical
requirements and feeds requirements to systems/report writers to support the needs of the business.
– Drives development projects that support products or operational processes. Designs, develops, implements and
maintains business solutions around daily management reporting, executive level performance reporting, problem
– Supports training, communications, and change management within the organization.
– Interprets results using a variety of techniques. Interprets requirements, identifies and communicates project scope and
ensures program milestones and objectives are met.
– Establishes the appropriate project/team structure, reporting and metrics to measure and monitor performance against
plan. Provides ad hoc support to teams or management by collecting, analyzing data and reporting results and develops
– Participates in project meetings involving customers, partners, and cross-functional teams.
– Responsible for reporting regular status updates to management and key project stakeholder’s. Occasionally provides
status to senior executives.
Basic Qualifications Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
Education Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or 2 plus years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is
– Job experience in similar industry
– Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
– Office – Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
– Experience: 2+ yrs
– Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
– Field Of Study: Business, Computer Science, Telecom, Finance, or related field
– Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
– Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 177435
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118825 →