Client Reference Code: 205288
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Cyber Security Risk Principal Technologists position is within our client’s IT Security Quality Assurance group. Their goal is to partner with technology and business owners to proactively improve information security solutions and services that protect the organization’s information assets, computing infrastructure, applications and data. The Sr. Security Risk Analyst will work closely with the Governance, Risk Management and Compliance program within IT Security. Primary responsibilities are to perform technical and non-technical risk assessments on internal systems to determine and communicate the level of existing and residual risk to business areas.
Candidates looking for a traditional compliance environment with a “checkbox” compliance mentality, this opportunity will not be for you.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Testing processes and implementing procedures to ensures security is accounted for in every project Charter engages upon
- Working collaboratively with the PMO group to ensure risk assessments are performed and proper project classification is assigned to drive the level of required security rigor
- Work with IT teams within Spectrum to provide support and oversight regarding Security Risks for multiple projects
- Creates detailed design documentation and operations procedures documents for new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Reviews documents, including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided.
- Compiles work breakdowns for new projects to assist development managers in providing cost and calendar estimates to project teams, and maps development progress back to project milestones to proactively identify roadblocks and resolve them.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to entry, junior and associate level team members, including interns, to ensure a effective assimilation to the team and resource for professional growth
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 5-10 or more years of hands-on technology, risk, security and/or governance experience.
- Have technical knowledge and/or experience in security, networking, systems administration, database administration, architecture and/or other technical domains.
- The candidate must be proficient and experienced in conducting risk assessments in a complex environment.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of common information security topics, policies and standards.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to convey complicated technology and security concepts to management and non-technical business areas
- Must be able to develop risk management strategies that align with business goals and objectives and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems and data.
- Project management experience on information security processes and within software development life cycles is desired.
- Familiarity with measures and metrics used in risk assessment methods and/or vulnerability assessment processes.
- Certification: CISSP
- Knowledge and experience with NIST 800-53
- Knowledge and experience with Application Security (OWASP) risks
- Knowledge and experience with Network Security
- Local candidates preferred, however, relocation assistance is available for the right candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or related work experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications 10+
Project management work experience 6+
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Job Code : TWCIPC335 Principal Technologist Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/56714 →