Client Reference Code: 209865
As part of the Mid-Market sales teams, the Sales Engineer supports pre-sale activities sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities (and requirements gathering during the sales process) with focus on Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Private Networking Solutions based on MEF standards, Voice solutions, and Navisite Cloud Solutions. Evaluates customers’ networking requirements for data, voice, and video. Engineers strategic network solutions that cost effectively meets the customers’ needs today and in the future. Prepares and presents technical sales proposals for prospective new and existing customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports sales team through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities (and requirements gathering during the sales process) with focus on Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Metro Ethernet Services, Voice services (PRI and SIP services), and Navisite Cloud Services.
• Communicate with prospective and existing customers directly and through Account Executives and Account Managers to understand current network environment, business requirements, short- and long-term technical requirements, and produce strategic, cost effective proposals and solutions.
• Designs complex voice and data network solutions for customer applications, including preparation of network
Topologies and technical specifications
• Prepare pre-sale conceptual designs for customer voice and data network solutions and submits to Engineering and Operations for review, acceptance and costing.
• Compiles project cost elements from Engineering and Operations.
• Reviews all designs and proposals for solutions required by mid-market customers with 25-500 employees
• Works with Mid-Market Account Executives and/or Account Managers and Sales Managers on solution pricing, IRR, and submission of IRR to Finance for review and approval as required by policy.
• Prepares and presents technical proposals on Spectrum Enterprise products and services, as well as how those products can be integrated and implemented within customer’s network; helping them understand the value and benefits of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
• Act as a liaison between customers, sales teams and various Charter and Spectrum Enterprise internal departments
• Conducts customer site surveys as required to ensure successful installation of services
• Provide post-sale documentation and support to installation and project management personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, written documentation and verbal explanation as required by local and/or regional processes and policies.
• Maintains and strives to improve knowledge of all Spectrum Enterprise commercial products and services
• Provides technical sales support to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of company solutions
• Handles complex questions encountered during installation and turn-up concerning solution design and equipment operation
•Present technical training to new and existing Mid-Market Account Executives and/or Account Managers and Sales Support personnel.
•Maintain knowledge of industry and emerging technology trends within the telecommunications industry.
•Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
•May be required to assist in development and launch of new products and services
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
•Requires three or more years of sales engineering and networking experience in the telecom or service provider industry (Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a telecom environment)
•An ability to work closely with sales executives with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle
•Excellent verbal and written communications skills
•Strong sales skills in presentation and proposal design
•Must have knowledge of Metro Ethernet technologies (EPL, EVPL and ELAN), LANs and WANs
•Must have working knowledge of email and DNS systems, TCP/IP, firewalls, VPNs and other corporate data security methods
•Strong knowledge of general industry networking technologies such as VPN, TCP/IP, IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, Ethernet, VoIP, SONET, DWDM
•Familiar with various networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU/DSU and other CPE
•Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
•Extensive voice networking experience with emphasis on VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
•Extensive experience with routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, RIP as well as knowledge of emerging technologies
•Ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
•Proficient in MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four (4) year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
CCDA or CCNA, or other industry recognized comparable certification required
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid Driver’s License, with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards & auto insurance.
Job Code : TWCSEN210 Sales Engineer I Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/101643 →