An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a qualified Desktop Engineer. The engineer is responsible for the support of all desktop applications, integrations, and the efficient delivery and updates of these applications.
* Evaluate, deploy, and support all desktop applications.and develop seamless integrations among desktop applications.
* Perform routine software updates to enhance functionalities and security. Troubleshoot and resolve escalated desktop application and OS issues.
* Create custom group policies and PowerShell scripts for workstations.
* Manages application package creations, and deliveries through SCCM.
* Maintain workstation security using endpoint protection software, data encryptions, etc.
* Perform desktop rollouts and data migrations using OSD task sequences and USMT.
* Creates documentation on system designs, procedures, and processes.
This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity. Interested candidates should apply directly to this job posting.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related
* 7+ years of experience in desktop engineering, application support, and supporting operating systems in a Microsoft Windows enterprise environment.
* Expert knowledge in customizing Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, Group Policy, and PowerShell.
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office application customizations, and add-ins.
* Experience with SCCM, packaging and application deployment in multiple offices.
* Experience in legal specific applications a plus FileSite, Workshare, Payne Form, Numbering, IPro, Litigation Support Software, etc.
* Extensive knowledge in information security including, Sophos/CM endpoint protections, Bitlocker, MBAM, Bit9, Zscaler, Windows security policies, digital certificates, file permission, AD security or other similar products.
* Familiarity with VMWare, virtual machines, and Citrix XenApp, and XenDesktop.
* Knowledge of general application architectures and SQL a plus.
* Solid understanding of networking concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, DHCP, VPN, and PXI Boot.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59016 →