Senior Applications Developer – Xator Corporation – Job Board
Go to our website
Go back to job listings
Senior Applications Developer
Location: Herndon, VA
Department: National Security Solutions
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Vaxcom Services, Inc.
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
Salary – We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program – Administered through TransAmerica. Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day of the month following their date of hire. Employees receive an automatic 3% of gross earnings every pay period. Employees are vested immediately.
Paid Time Off – Depending on the position, Vaxcom is able to offer between 15-20 days of leave to new employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on any day following.
Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits start on the employee’s first day of hire. Vaxcom pays for the majority of the cost.
Flexible Spending Accounts – Our FSA allows employees to set aside pre-tax earnings to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
Senior Applications Developer Herndon, Virginia
Vaxcom is seeking a quality Applications Developer to develop, enhance and maintain enterprise/departmental IT systems. This position requires in-depth hands on experience developing software in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication and continual trade-craft improvements are the norm.
The successful candidate will design/develop programmatic solution-based systems against customer requirements, write applications in a development environment, create test data, perform multiple tests, deploy to production, and support production systems as needed.
– BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
– At least one year of hands on AWS experience (not just training)
– Experience with Java and Java web technologies
– Experience with Linux
– Experience with Oracle
– Familiarity with Source code management (GitHub/GitLab, Subversion)
– Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
– Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team
– Experience with Agile development
– Experience with testing frameworks (for example: JUnit)
– ExtJS experience
– Experience and familiarity with web services and service oriented architecture (SOA) using REST web services
– DevOps experience
Vaxcom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For additional information about Vaxcom Services Inc., Xator Corporation or the position, please email John at ************************.
Go back to job listings
for this Position
* Required fields
Attach resume or Paste resume
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or paste resume
Paste your resume here or attach resume file
Do you have a top secret clearance?*
— No answer –YesNo
Do you have a full scope polygraph?*
— No answer –YesNo
The following questions are entirely optional.
To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more.
Decline to answerFemaleMale
Decline to answerWhite (Not Hispanic)African American/Black (Not Hispanic)Hispanic/LatinoAsianPacific IslanderAmerican IndianNative AlaskanNative HawaiianMulti-racial
Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
– A disabled veteran is one of the following:
– a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
– a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
– A recently separated veteran means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
– An active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
– An Armed forces service medal veteran means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
I IDENTIFY AS ONE OR MORE OF THE CLASSIFICATIONS OF PROTECTED VETERAN LISTED ABOVE
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON’T WISH TO ANSWER
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities.i To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
– Cerebral palsy
– Muscular dystrophy
– Bipolar disorder
– Major depression
– Multiple sclerosis (MS)
– Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
– Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
– Obsessive compulsive disorder
– Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
– Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Please check one of the boxes below:
YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY (or previously had a disability)
NO, I DON’T HAVE A DISABILITY
I DON’T WISH TO ANSWER
Your NameToday’s Date
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
iSection 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at ******************
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.