Senior Configuration Engineer (DevOps)
Business Group Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions 1
Requisition Number 72912BR
Job Category Engineering and Technicians
Relocation Eligible Yes – Domestic
Position Summary This position is for a Senior DevOps Engineer. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Automate builds, and develop and integrate new tools to support CI/CD (continuous integration/delivery) and reporting across projects.
Develop and maintain well-architected build scripts to automate builds
Develop and maintain install related activities including packaging and deployment. ClearCase, and/or GIT for a team of 30+ software developers.
Monitor and support daily build cycles and timely release of Hotfix packages.
Monitor and maintain build environment and software releases for various product branches on a daily, weekly, and scheduled basis.
Install support to package entire software or at component level for deployment, including patch creation. Design, develop and test integration of different components and systems using APIs and scripting to test features that span across multiple systems.
Define, maintain and manage the software configuration management and deployment processes for all products in the division.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
All Rockwell Automation contractor positions are posted with the Local Jobs Network. Go to *********************** for more information
* Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 5+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 3+ years of configuration management experience. If no degree, 8+ years of software configuration management experience.
* Experience with ClearCase, GIT, SVN or Perforce.
* Experience in setting up and managing software development server hardware and software, specifically on Microsoft Windows and Linux.
* This position will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site embedded software and software organization. Some after-hours support are required.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Experience implementing test frameworks in python or other scripting language.
* Experience with formal, automated unit and integration testing of software / firmware.
* C/C++ experience in a real time environment.
* Prior use of automated IT infrastructure / operating system configuration management tools, such as Puppet or Chef.
Depending upon business needs, this candidate may have opportunity to participate in a Scrum team as a unit test engineer. For this part of the role, C/C++ experience in a real time environment would be a plus.
"Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening."
Country(s) United States
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ************************************.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Company Overview Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Work State/City Mequon – Wisconsin
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79216 →