At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
The Medical Segment IT Product team develops technology strategy and implements technology solutions that support the Medical Device segment’s Product Management, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, and Product Design/ R & D teams. Cardinal Health has deployed Oracle Agile to manage pre-commercialization activities for Medical Devices, to support GUDID, GTIN management, and GDSN capabilities. The Medical IT segment has recently acquired a business and will be merging Oracle Agile CAP PLM capabilities with Cardinal Health’s PLM platform capabilities. The merged platform will enable complete end to end PLM capabilities within Cardinal Health and will also include Dassault Enovia solution as their PLM.
The Senior Consultant, Business Analyst (PLM Functional Consultant) will be accountable for understanding and supporting the business in multiple functional areas related to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and across Medical Business Units. The Senior Consultant, Business Analyst (PLM Functional Consultant) will be considered as Functional IT SME, and maintain relationships with implementation partners, multiple functional teams, and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. The Senior Consultant, Business Analyst (PLM Functional Consultant) will align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems comply with FDA computer systems validation methodology and enable the desired value. This position will also be responsible for:
– Define requirements in accordance with SDLC, management and project/product scope. Ensure problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensure requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
– Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, and business models with various functional business teams, and IT teams.
– Lead user acceptance activities by coordinating with functional teams, development teams, and project managers
– Provide Level 2 RUN support for Oracle Agile PLM application.
– Manage timely resolution of Level 2 incidents by working with functional teams to understand the root cause of an incident. Work with business and IT teams to classify an incident as either a bug or an enhancement. Work with business and IT teams to help prioritize the bugs and enhancements funnel.
– Manage configuration changes in Oracle Agile Admin client under guidance from PLM IT Solution Architect and implementation partners.
– Document, and maintain IT PLM support process and policies. Provide PLM application training to end users.
– Participate and provide validation support during FDA Computer Software Validation activities.
– Participate and provide functional leadership during Product PLM Roadmap sessions.
– Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
What Business Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Analysis is responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
– Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
– Defines requirements in accordance with SDP/SDLC, management and project/product scope. Ensures problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
– Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
– Facilitates the team through the analysis of, and makes recommendations towards, complex business decisions.
– Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT and roles and responsibilities within the organization.
– Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
– Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
– Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
– Hands on experience working with PLM systems for 8-10 years
– 8+ years experience in related field preferred
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred
– Hands on experience with PLM applications within the medical device industry or Product OEM organizations is preferred
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred
– Functional Experience with using Oracle Agile 9.3.3 or higher is a must, requirements gathering tools like HP ALM is preferred.
– Ideal candidate will have PLM deployment or upgrade/ merge experience.
– Understanding if how a Medical Device product life cycle is managed in a PLM application, including managing change requests, change orders, BOM/DMR, documents, and integration with ERP systems.
– Experience with gathering and documenting user functional requirements is recommended
– Experience participating in Unit and Functional Testing, as well as managing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing is preferred
– Experience with FDA computer systems validation will be desirable.
– Experience with providing basic RUN support including training support is required.
– Experience in development of policies, procedures and providing training/ support to end users is required.
– Excellent communication skills, customer service, and client management experience a must.
– Travel up to 20% may be required.
What is expected of you and others at this level
– Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
– Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
– Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
– Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
– Projects may have significant and long-term impact
– Provides solutions which may set precedent
– Independently determines method for completion of new projects
– Receives guidance on overall project objectives
– Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: ********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. Contact Info
– Dublin, OH
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/156021 →