At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America. We’re ranked in the ENR Top 40 and voted one of the best companies to work for out of our HQ in San Diego. With over 20 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double digit year to year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
In this role, you will be a member of our highly reputable Cost Management & Estimating team. The cost team delivers solutions to clients in the areas of Conceptual Estimating, Budget Development, Cost Planning, Feasibility Studies, Value Management, Economic Forecasting, Milestone Reports, Pre/Post Contract Auditing, Change Order Review/Reconciliation, BIM 5D Cost Modeling, LEED Cost Analysis, Life Cycle Costing, and more. We encourage you to research us to learn more about our outstanding reputation within this service line.
We are looking for a Senior Cost Manager to join our growing team. You will be based in our San Francisco, CA office located in the heart of the Financial District and surrounded by some of the finest restaurants, businesses, and activities the Bay Area has to offer. This is a key role to consult to and grow a marquee client, but will also afford you the opportunity to experience a diverse project and client portfolio with our clients in the Bay Area.
At Cumming, Senior Cost Manager’s work closely with all levels of Team Members within the organization to perform cost management and estimating consulting services for Architects, Engineers, and Developers / Owners. They partner with office and project sector leadership to align Cumming’s services to the needs of clients with the goal of providing industry leading consultation and revenue growth. Our goal is that you achieve immense success and graduate to the level of “Director” where you will oversee a project sector, client base, and/or geographic region. Below are some of the items you will take on.
- Prepare accurate and detailed construction cost and project cost estimates from conceptual design through final construction document level design
- Research prices on material and labor using published documents, local conditions, market studies, etc.
- Partner with management team in developing new customers and growing existing customer base.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
- Assist in development of junior to mid-level Team Members
- Provide value engineering services, set up work breakdown structure, and prepare task orders
- Review, estimate, and reconcile change orders, often with Contractor’s or a peer review Estimator
- Prepare detailed bid analysis and review
- Depending on need and ability, may be tasked with overseeing a specific base of clients
- ***Career advancement at Cumming Corporation will be determined by your ability to provide high-level technical expertise as well your talent for interacting well with clients on the phone, via email, and in person resulting in continued and new revenue generating services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture is highly preferred. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years’ of estimating / cost management experience.
- Ability to interact extremely well with many different client types.
- Advanced skill level in Excel and intermediate knowledge of Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of On Screen Takeoff and/or Success Estimating Software is a plus.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes 5 minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within 5 days.
Keywords: cost manager, estimator, associate director, senior cost manager, senior estimator, quantity surveying, construction management, engineering, architecture, microsoft, on screen takeoff, san francisco, etc.
CUMMING is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified Team Members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/12216 →