Senior Database Administrator
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tuknik Government Services
Tuknik Government Services is seeking a Senior Database Administrator
to work with our Federal client in the Albuquerque, NM area.
This is a direct, full time position supporting TGS and our government
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits
package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with
company matching, flexible spending accounts, 11 paid holidays, 3
weeks paid time off, and more.
This position will be part of a team supporting a Federal Client in
managing a large scale financial system conversion/integration
project, by providing project management, change management and
technical advisory services.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are
not limited to:
* Develop, update and maintain ETL specifications and documentation
used to develop data migration mappings and transformations for
data warehouse loading
* Troubleshoot ETL issues as they arise by evaluating the ETL
packages as well as the data stored in the source SQL and flat
* Work with business requirements to identify, understand, and
analyze source data systems
* Expertise in extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) to
achieve data integration between various source and destination
* Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and
new business user requirements
* Provide support and maintenance on ETL processes and documentation
* Strong SQL Server experience, with recommended Oracle experience
* Possess experience in maintaining and developing stored
procedures, triggers, queries, job scripts, and functions.
Database maintenance experience should include projects that
considered scalability, compatibility of applications, cost
reduction, and optimization of indexes and queries for the purpose
of analyzing large datasets for business needs.
* Have advanced knowledge of the migration of raw data, schemas,
tables, indexes, and table constraints.
* Extensive experience in ETL process and utilization of ETL tools
for migration purposes
* Obtain direction and guidance from the Director of MSA, ACIO and
* Gather, extract, manipulate, analyze and model data using
analytical and statistical tools in support of the migration
efforts as identified within MSA;
* May also be required to provide database maintenance and
development in support of the Program migration;
* Ensure data accuracy and create ad hoc reports to support the
Program migration; and
* Perform other senior database administrator actions as assigned.
* BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar
* 5+ years of SQL Server experience
* 5-10 years of DBA experience
* Expert Knowledge in SQL
* Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Experience with Federal consulting or implementation of financial
* Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written
and verbal) and interpersonal skills, along with skills in dealing
with a diverse population.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office
position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The
incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit
for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read,
perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of
stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not
discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity
(except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification),
national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital
status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We
are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related
to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges,
terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you
require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our
website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at
************************* or by calling ************ to request
Must be able to obtain a Public trust
About our Company
Offering innovative and cutting edge IT, Environmental Resource
Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government
Services is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC
8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of
Koniag Inc.’s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full
range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified
professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride
ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and
maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.
Our Equal Opportunity Policy
EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder
Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.