SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
WORK LOCATION: FT. BELVOIR, VA
Swingtech Consulting is currently supporting an Army customer at Ft. Belvoir, VA on a contract that it utilizing IBM Business Intelligence (BI) tools and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2. We are seeking a Senior Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator with strong (DB) installation, administration, architecture, support, and management experience for this long term opportunity. The individual selected will be expected to provide SQL database design, development and management expertise as he/she will be accountable for all database service responsibilities for our customer.
* Provide administration, and management of database, clustering, and replication infrastructure (MS SQL Server) in development, quality control, pre-production, and production environments.
* Conduct proactive monitoring of database performance and capability management elements.
* Provide DB maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, updates to service packs and patches, and optimization. Ensure continuity of operations.
* Identify and analyze server requirements; plan the design and deployment of new technologies to be utilized with upgrades and/or consolidations.
* Apply industry best practices encompassing Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration, implementation, and security.
* Conduct server administration, performance monitoring and tuning on the Microsoft OS in support of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2.
* Make recommendations to improve overall system performance and application efficiency.
* Manage patch testing, deployment and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with DoD and Army security requirements, to include but not limited to IAVAs and STIGs.
* Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation in support of system configuration and operation (system diagrams, application topology, data flow, SOPs, business processes, etc.).
* Incorporate Windows PowerShell, and other scripting languages to automate tasks.
* Prepare, test and troubleshoot T-SQL Scripts, in support of loading secondary Army systems.
* Troubleshoot and correct any issues related to the various source file loads.
* Participate and interact with other contractors to obtain database source files.
* Assist in gathering reporting requirements and create DB schemas optimized for reporting.
* Create jobs in SQL Server Mgmt. Studio that incrementally load new data into database tables.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Other Duties as Assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certifications (Security+ )
* Bachelors degree in technology related field and Eight years hands-on experience in MS SQL Server database administration, design and development or if no degree, twelve years hands-on experience in MS SQL Server database administration, design and development.
* Able to Install, Configure and Administrate MS SQL Server 2012 R2 on Development and Production environments on Virtual Machine (preferably VMWare)
* Knowledge of financial systems in Department of Defense / Federal space;
* Deep expertise in data warehousing, data modeling, data structures and tuning;
* Good analytical and problem solving skills;
* Broad knowledge of the larger data relationships as well as current and contemporary technology architectures, platform paradigms and integration strategies;
* Good oral and written communication skills;
* Excellent analytical skills;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening. Asking appropriate questions, clarifying information and writing clear, concise documents;
* Data warehouse experience;
* Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
* Proven ability in looking at solutions in unconventional ways and the ability to innovate
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* MCSA: SQL Server Certification
* Experience with OLAP platforms: Cognos, SSAS, TM1 and others a plus
* Experience in Agile or Scrum development processes
* Has the communication skill to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and should possess a security clearance;
* Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information;
* Able to Commute to Ft. Belvoir, VA 5 days a week
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/88871 →