Ariba UK Limited
Date: Dec 3, 2017
Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition ID: ******
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Ariba (SAP) Cloud Platform provides a feature-rich, high performance, scalable, rock-solid (99.99% uptime) Distributed Computing Platform via Ariba Cloud to allow rapid innovation of applications thereby addressing our customers’ mission-critical business needs.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Work with leadership and other stake holders to help implement roadmap of distributed systems, messaging, persistence, search and Cloud platform services
* Responsible for creating new security features for Cloud Platform to make Ariba Cloud more secure
* Responsible for extending or enhancing the existing platform to make Ariba Cloud more robust and scalable
* Responsible for creating independently qualified Platform components (e.g. libraries and services like queuing or configuration etc.) to create a highly dynamic and flexible Cloud platform
* Foster a data-driven approach to decision making and trouble-shooting
* Provide strong technical leadership & mentorship to individual contributors in the team. Help build and evolve the team with contemporary technology skill-set and engineering discipline.
* Collaborate with other cloud and database technology teams at Ariba/SAP towards synergies on key technology, product, tools, initiatives and platforms
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* BS CS/EE or equivalent, MS/PhD a plus.
* Must have 6+ years of experience as an engineer/architect in the computer software industry and 1-2 years technical leader experience. Exceptional individual contributors with proven leadership ability may be considered
* Strong track record of software development and individual technical accomplishments
* Java, Web Services, Relational database (Oracle/Sybase), Distributed Computing, Cloud Computing, Scripting (Perl, Python, Shell)
* Experience with Hadoop (MR, HDFS), Solr/Lucene, Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Vagrant and Docker is highly desired
* Strong project management skills with a deep understanding of Agile/Scrum and ability to understand and deliver complex releases on time
* Strong experience of designing complex system and designing new features on top of existing complex systems
* System level integration experience is a strong plus
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:**************************** or ****************************, APJ: *******************, EMEA: ***************). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Oracle, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79214 →