Enterprise Market Risk Technology (ERMT) department provides world class business solutions to support Corporate and LOB Market Risk teams. The ERMT group works with its business partners in identification, measurement, aggregation and reporting of Market Risk across the firm. The group works closely with the lines of business to ensure that risks are being appropriately managed within the defined risk appetite for the firm. Market risk activities include market risk, counterparty credit risk, issuer risk, country risk and liquidity risk. The Market Risk systems perform valuation, simulation, aggregation and reporting of risk metrics and models on all simple (bonds) and complex (structured products, derivatives) securities products. Team members will work with advanced mathematical models, theoretical pricing, statistical and stochastic models, VaR (Value at Risk), PFE (Potential Future Exposure), IMM (Internal Model Methodology), and stress. The Market Risk systems are comprised of intraday and overnight batch processes that handle staging for all trading position data and market data required for risk modeling as well as making this data available to the various risk valuation systems. Quantitative models and reporting support trading activities as well as regulatory and business reporting requirements.
The open position is a Senior Java Application developer. The Sr. Java Application Developer will work in a team to create new risk processes, and to re-factor and in some cases completely re-architect and replace, large components of the existing Market Risk System. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have advanced Object Oriented development skills in order to create Java code that can be easily maintained and extended to meet the growing demands.
- Design and implement database schema, including table and view creation.
- For new development, the developer will be expected to work with business partners in order to understand their needs and requirements and to analyze and design the necessary software.
- Assures quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications.
- Key technical resource on team building sophisticated and complex risk applications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of application development experience
- 7+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 3 + years of Core Java experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- BS/BA in computer science, applied statistics, quantitative economics, operations research or a related field
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) experience
- Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
- 3+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Experience providing support to a capital markets or complex operations organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Basic understanding of financial concepts and instrument types with a preference on Market Risk knowledge
- Must work from Charlotte, NC office
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/159655 →