IT: Senior Developer job open at Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation in Los Angeles, CA. Job # R10001338
Senior Developer sought by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation in Los Angeles, CA to utilize solid technical skills and development experience with multiple implementations of the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) suite of products, including cloud architecture, EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) automate, Smart Push, data model design of BSO (block storage option) and ASO (aggregate storage option) and P&L Financials to support and enhance the Oracle Hyperion EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) Cloud solution including Hyperion Financial Reporting for Essbase and Planning, Smart View, and integrations to internal/external systems. Work with Excel Macros and be involved in full lifecycle support including production support, code bug-fixes, Application enhancements, upgrades, configuration, fit/gap analysis, integration and stress testing and grip on new modules for the above mentioned systems.
Specific duties include:
1) Responsible for analysis and design, which includes conducting fact gathering sessions with customers; consulting with Business Analysts to identify and analyze technology needs and problems; leading group application design activities; performing data flow diagramming and/or process modeling (code architecture); writing technical specifications for application components; preparing estimates for design, coding and testing; and, designing complex software and database objects.
2) Responsible for development and testing, which includes developing new complex features and functions for software applications; developing new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements; performing Unit Testing and debugging of applications; identifying complex integration and user acceptance test scenarios; providing programming support through all testing phases and general releases of software; adhering to department programming standards and methodology; and, performing peer and lower level code reviews. Work closely with the Hyperion development team, on and off shore, to evolve the Hyperion strategic roadmap. Maintain, develop, and troubleshoot Hyperion business rules and performance tuning calculation scripts.
3) Responsible for delivery and installation, which includes preparing pre-release and release process documents including Change Control, contingency and fallback plans; creating production turnover and systems documentation; and, assisting the Infrastructure group with configuration and deployment of new systems.
4) Responsible for production support, which includes conducting functional analysis for production support activities; identifying complex problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds; performing tuning, repairs and/or maintenance to production applications; and, working with other IT departments on integrated system support, as required.
5) Responsible for administrative responsibilities such as working as a member of a cross-functional, integrated development team; performing workload planning, tracking accomplishments, team meetings and status reporting; working with the other developers to continually improve development standards and other departmental processes and documentation; providing technical assistance and mentoring to lower level developers; communicating plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis; and, adhering to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate development experience with Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase including Hyperion Essbase architecture and various application tier and database tier components. (Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field and 3 years of development experience with Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase including Hyperion Essbase architecture and various application tier and database tier components.)
Experience must include: 1) Two (2) years of experience creating, maintaining and supporting all application artifacts; and Security Setup and Management; and 2) Six (6) months of experience in Oracle Planning and Budget Cloud Services (PBCS); and development experience with multiple implementations of the PBCS suite of products, including cloud architecture, EPM automate, Smart Push, data model design of BSO and ASO.
Also requires experience or knowledge in the following:
1) Database structures, theories, principles and practices.
2) Managing database settings, optimizing Essbase cache, performance tuning, optimizing calculations, cube restructures and defragmentation procedures for optimal performance.
3) Creating and maintaining SQL scripts for sourcing data, including source/target table mappings, views and stored procedures.
4) Loading, reconciling, consolidating key Financial Data within Hyperion environment.
5) MS Office products, including Excel such as using macros and VB scripts to perform advanced data operations.
6) Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) including the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Hyperion financial applications.
7) Knowledge of finance and accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting.
8) Background with systems support and direct contact with users to resolve issues with financial business applications.
Any level of experience or knowledge in the specific skills is acceptable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/151515 →