In this position, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLAs. We are a looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude and a passion to learn and contribute in a fast paced culture.
* Build and maintain tools and programs to operate, deploy and monitor our distributed platform.
* Assist the dev team in implementing best practices for software build and deployment.
* Assist with environment setup, automation, and streamlining the standup and scale-out of infrastructure.
* Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
* Assist with organization wide security considerations.
* Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
* Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
* 2 – 5 years of contemporary experience working with Windows Administration in an enterprise environment.
* Experience with SQL Server and NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
* 2 – 3 years of strong experience with Ruby and / or PowerShell.
* Working knowledge of programmable infrastructure (aka infrastructure as code).
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Rackspace is a strong plus.)
* Knowledge of best practices for running high scale and availability applications on the cloud.
* Experience with monitoring tools.
* Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins is a plus.
* Experience with security best practices is a plus.
* Experience (and comfort) with Git.
* Basic knowledge of C# or Java would be a strong plus.
* Experience packaging and deploying front end code with tools such as Webpack or Browserify is a plus.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
* Competitive compensation including equity in a rapidly growing startup
* Standard benefits package including PTO, medical/dental coverage, 401K, FSA and commuter benefits
* Opportunity to receive the new Student Loan Paydown benefit offered by Gradifi
* Opportunity to join a startup at its roots that has the potential to become the national leader in its space
* Chance to have an impact in addressing a major societal problem impacting more than 40 million people
* Highly convenient and energetic workplace environment located on Boylston Street in Bostons Back Bay area
* Flexible work hours
* Free lunch on Wednesday
* A diverse and tolerant environment
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110688 →