A Day in the Life as the Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will design, implement, test, deploy and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to development, testing, and production environments, while you coach, mentor, and proactively support more junior team members. You’ll deploy and configure comprehensive monitoring tools used for alerting of network, systems, or application issues. Your role is key in expanding our automation framework to build and update the development, testing, and production environments (infrastructure as code).
You’ll help build the future in our agile development environment, as we move our cloud provisioning and migration efforts into AWS and set standards for migration and creation of patterns, which will inform and drive the associated strategic cloud transformation. You’ll perform and automate Windows, Linux, and Database administration activities, and lead and collaborate with the development department on continually improving our processes, through investigation, analysis, and recommendations regarding technology improvements, development best practices, standardization, scaling, upgrades, and modifications to our products and the services utilized to deploy those products.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
– 6+ years’ experience with one or more programming or scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, C#, Java, Python, or C++
– 2+ years’ experience with SQL or NoSQL Databases.
– Experience with IaC tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack.
– Experience with infrastructure in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).
– SQL Server database administration (including SSRS and SSAS) experience preferred.
– Mongo DB administration and Network administration experience preferred.
– Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks.
– Experience deploying enterprise public facing websites.
– Strong time management skills with the ability to multi task and deliver quality results.
– Experience providing mentorship to team members preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Edgenuity provides engaging online education solutions that propel success for every student, empower every teacher to deliver more effective instruction, and enable schools and districts to meet their academic goals. Edgenuity delivers a range of core, elective, and career and technical education courses aligned to the rigor and high expectations of state and Common Core standards and designed to inspire life-long learning. Edgenuity provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Contact Info
– 8860 East Chaparral Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.