Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Business Group Architecture and Software
No. of Positions 1
Requisition Number 77762BR
Job Category Engineering and Technicians
Position Type Full Time
Relocation Eligible Yes
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for a world-class industrial automation company, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining real-time embedded software while collaborating with cross-functional project teams across multiple locations around the globe. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a highly motivated individual. You will work on complex control system products utilizing state-of-the-art technology. When you join our Embedded Software group, you become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing, innovation, continuous learning, collaboration and a commitment to best-in-class practices and technology.
* Design, implement, and test software that communicates to other parts of the product or system via APIs, services or protocols.
* Directly apply technical skills to assigned tasks, having some complex features. Use proven software design techniques, procedures and criteria to complete a sequence of related engineering tasks (i.e. investigate, design, develop, test) in accordance with the companys quality guidelines.
* Participate in peer reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
* Perform unit or functional testing of developed software to ensure correct operation per functional requirements and compatibility with other components in the system.
* Continuous improvement of software development capabilities by keeping abreast of current trends in the areas of software development practices, technology utilization and development tools.
* Effectively collaborate with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage personality differences and differences of opinion.
* Coach less experienced engineers on design and implementation techniques.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
* Bachelors degree.
* 5+ years Engineering experience
* Must have embedded development experience.
* Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Major in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a Computer Science emphasis
* Demonstrated competence in object-oriented design, and the use of an object-oriented programming language.
* Excellent collaborative skills. Candidate should be a team player.
* A passion for embedded software development.
* Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
* Seeks knowledge of and keeps informed of current trends in embedded systems technology, including design techniques, development tools, and overall process improvements.
* Experience with embedded software development tools such as In-Circuit Emulators, Debuggers, Oscilloscopes, etc
* Proficiency in C++
* Experience with Python or equivalent scripting language
* Experience with Realtime OS utilization
* Experience with software requirements analysis and software testing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Country(s) United States
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ************************************.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Company Overview Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Work State/City Mayfield Heights – Ohio
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.