For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is searching for experienced low level Engine Programmers familiar with tools and large systems to join our Core Technology team. In this role, you’ll develop processes and systems that Epic uses to build and ship our games and the Unreal Engine. Sitting at the center of the Engine’s operation, you’ll work with a broad group of discipline experts. The ideal candidate has a deep love of problem solving and experience driving to-the-metal optimizations on shipped titles.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Optimizing C++ workflows and content-wrangling pipelines used by hundreds of developers at Epic, and thousands of Unreal Engine subscribers around the world
- Building things from scratch as needed, rather than relying exclusively on high-level technology stacks
- Optimizing iteration times for other developers, including existing systems for performance and memory usage
- Maintaining and updating low-level underpinnings of UE4
- Improving workflow and user experience
- Welcoming new challenges and working independently or across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience with C/C++ and C# skills
- Deep experience with low level optimizations and tool chains for at least one platform
- Experience with Perforce and/or Git
- Previous experience with pipeline tools on an engine, core, or platform
- Knowledge of multi-threaded/multi-core programming
- Demonstrated ability to reason about large, complicated systems from the macro level to the micro level
- Knowledge of the Unreal 4 pipelines and framework a plus
This is going to be Epic!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115440 →