Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are looking for an East Coast, US based Senior Field Applications Specialist to support the POROS and CaptureSelect Chromatography Resin business within ThermoFisher Scientific. This position is a field based position, so the applicant can be located along the east coast.
- Partner with the local Commercial team to drive the technical aspects of pre-sales and post-sales activities with our customers
- Pre sales – Technical presentations on the features and benefits of POROS and CaptureSelect products
- Technical discussions on downstream purification challenges and solutions
- Positioning of ThermoFisher Scientific capabilities
- Post sales – Consultation on product evaluations and purification process development, chromatography optimization and troubleshooting, support pilot to large scale column packing activities
- Work with the POROS Applications and Product Management teams in the US and CaptureSelect Application and Product Management teams in The Netherlands
- Draft detailed technical reports from customer interactions
- Execute weekly discussions with product line team on evaluations
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and product line teams
- Drive and execute on key account program
- B.S. or higher degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology or chemistry
- Significant experience (>7 years) in a downstream process development setting where chromatography based purification methods were developed, scaled and validated or a similar chromatography resin vendor applications role
- Ability to operate and interpret data from AKTA or alternative process development LC chromatography workstations
- Knowledge of small scale, pilot scale and large scale chromatography and column packing
- Knowledge of analytics used to support purification process development, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy and ability to interpret such data sets.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, troubleshoot and speak in a public setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with process scale column packing (>100L) Experience with filtration or other downstream unit operations
- Experience working in an external-facing role
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/98289 →