We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Full-Stack Engineer with a background in Agile Development methods to join our team in Reston, VA and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate is an individual with the functional knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product. This individual can handle all the back-end and front-end technologies and work, including software development, databases, servers and cloud, systems engineering, security and user experience, necessary to deliver mission capabilities to clients.
In this role, you will apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will support development of systems and demonstrations related to a broad range of business areas, including designing, developing, enhancing, debugging, and implementing software solutions and demonstrations in an Agile environment. Your primary responsibilities will be working with teams designing, testing and building applications to meet customer requirements and goals. Requirements
– Must be familiar with Agile methodology and be able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
– Extensive experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack, using Agile, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
– Expertise with DevSecOps, Testing Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI-CD) environment using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
– Familiarity with Microservices Patterns and best practices.
– Proven skills in Cloud native development
– REST API creation
– NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo
– Java, including frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
– Amazon Web Services
– Docker and other operating-system-level virtualization (containerization) programs
Familiarity and experience with the following is desirable:
– Kafka distributed streaming platform
– Mobile application development experience
– Event driven architecture
– Code samples or demo GitHub repos preferred
– Graph databases
– Machine Learning
– Advanced visualization tools
– Rules engines
– U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
– Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15 years of related experience. Applicable advance certifications and education and specific skills can be substituted for Master’s degree or years of experience.
– Local candidates only. Work location: Reston, VA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4325
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.