CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Senior Information Security Engineer is a member of the Information Security Governance/IBRR team that is responsible for Global Data Protection and conducting International Business Risk Reviews (IBRR) to address security risks with new work moving to international locations, and to work with IT to assess applications and verify Clean Room controls. The engineer will follow established processes to conduct risk assessments on proposed international activities and facilitate meetings with the International Business Risk Review Council (IBRRC), if necessary.
- Respond to, remediate and document information security incidents not limited to SIEM Alerts, Tickets, Emails, or Phone Calls.
- Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find and resolve suspicious events.
- Verify incident source alert notifications are authentic and trusted.
- Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or deviates from) an existing incident response guide.
- Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned.
- Provide feedback for development and consistency of automated threat detection mechanisms.
- Create and maintain incident response guides.
- Security projects dedicated to improving Corporate Security or CenturyLink’s security posture.
- Support and enhance CenturyLink’s abilities to detect and respond to security incidents including internal events, targeted attacks and all other cyber incidents.
- Ensure Corporate Security owned Infrastructure, Event Feeds, Event Processing, and Asset Intelligence are available and operating effectively.
- Support the business units within CenturyLink by acting as liaison between them and Corporate Security.
- Automate detections of “Indicators of Compromise” provided by Corporate Security in order to detect intrusions, and significantly lower time to response.
- Facilitate the coordinated response to the intrusion, to minimize the impact of the threat returning the integrity of CenturyLink assets and network as quickly as possible.
- Understand the initial threat vector, and the creation of protection mechanisms to prevent threats from occurring in the future.
- Recommend security best practices and system configuration standards.
- Facilitate and lead incident response calls and provide documentation to senior management.
- Perform an on-call shift rotation.
- Ensure communication continuity between all shifts
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant system administration, virtualization, configuration, and support work experience.
- Excellent understanding of common computing platforms. Including Windows Server, RedHat Linux Server, and vendor specific appliance support.
- Understanding and ability to utilize programming skills
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA.
- Considered expert in one (or more) of the following areas: Networking, Operating System (MS/Unix/Linux), Database, or directory such as Active Directory and LDAP.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of dedicated system administration, virtualization, configuration, and support work experience.
- Proficient with regular expressions, PERL, and/or XML constructs.
- Hands on experience of the following tools: SIEM, IDS / IPS, host based Anti-Virus, or similar products.
- Professional/technical certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Linux Professional Institute Certifications, or equivalent System Administration related certifications. (OSCP, GCIH, other SANS security certs)
- Experience reverse engineering malware and malware analysis.
- Experience with large enterprise data centers and/or networks.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Prescott; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Kansas-Gardner; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 175022
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110282 →