Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the system solutions, typically for large, complex or leading edge applications, products and programs. Develops software applications solutions, of intermediate complexity, for all or part of an assigned project. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs, which may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
Implements activities that impact important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s current web-based applications, coding languages, tools and regularly require the application of independent judgment.
– Works on complex projects of intermediate complexity, and leverages knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets.
– Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact important components / processes of the technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs. developing software applications and tools.
– Maintains and supports existing, and develops new applications and tools.
– Contributes to software design.
– Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
– Develops protocols to support established standards.
– Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
– Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
– Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
– May mentor less experienced members of the team.
– May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes ************* and ****************. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
Employment Type Full-Time
Pay Type Year
Pay Rate N/A
Store Type IT & Technical
Walgreens is one of the largest drugstore chains in the U.S., with more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In December 2014, Walgreens completed its strategic combination with Alliance Boots to establish Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., forging the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. The combination brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services through community pharmacy care and pharmaceutical wholesaling. Both companies have more than a century’s worth of experience in customer and patient care. Walgreens is today part of the Retail Pharmacy USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.