Client Reference Code: 206227
Responsible for providing guidance and direction to the National Backbone Optical Transport Planning and Design team as required to create standard hardware and software implementation guides, MOPs and best practice configurations for the National Backbone optical transport Network. Responsible for the hiring, training, development, and performance management of staff. Responsible for ensuring the timely implementation of projects, reporting, network compliance and capital budgeting.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Ensure required reports are timely, accurate and complete
- Identify and develop procedures to help streamline processes within the Backbone and Data Center Operations organization
- Provide technical guidance and assistance as required for problem resolution
- Establish interfaces with Engineering, Field Services Operations, and other internal groups as necessary to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of problems
- Oversee the daily activities of the National Backbone Optical Transport Planning and Design team and perform direct supervision of team members, including performance reviews, career development, and staffing
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
- Know, understand and follow company policy, establish positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support
- Develop an effective front line Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment
- Perform other duties as required by manager
- Advanced knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks, and associated elements, including LAN/WAN design and operations, TCP/IP and SNMP, HFC networks, and Advanced Video technology
- Advanced knowledge of optical network technology including Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) including an understanding of component level operation of optical devices such as modulators, amplifiers, DCMs, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, network architecture, protocols, and network topology
- Solid Understanding of high order modulation, flex grid technology and CDC systems.
- Knowledge of optical network protection schemes; 1+1 and 1:N architectures, Unidirectional Path-Switched Ring (USPR), and Bidirectional Line-Switched Ring (BLSR)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and implementing long-haul optical network systems within a service provider environment
- Experience with physical fiber plant design and deployment both inside plant and outside plant standards and methods.
- Multi-vendor optical networking hardware experience including Cisco, Infinera, Ciena, etc.
- Experienced in maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Decision making, problem solving while working under pressure, but also prioritize and organize effectively. Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others, as well as work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
- Comfortable in using personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc. As well as Network and Element Management
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E) preferred
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
5+years Management experience in a 24/7 Service Provider Environment
8+ years Network Operations and/or Implementation experience
2 years project management
Varying schedules in a 24 x 7 Network Center
Travel as required
Job Code : TWCTE0027 Sr Mgr, Network Engineering Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/56387 →