Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Network – Network Engineer (L3)
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Sign on Bonus up to $8,000
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM’s mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Engineer:
– Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
– Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
– Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
– Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
– Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
– Develops network architecture and network design documentation
– Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
– Designs and performs integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
– Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
– Manages the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
– Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
– Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
– Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Desirable Skills / Experience:
– Provide research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
– Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
– Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
– Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
– DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
– Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
– Computing Environment Certification: CCNP, or CCNP-Security
– Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#I2TS3 #ISDCJ #DPost #5KReferralBonusJuly18 #defensehotjobs
The $5,000 ERP offering expires once the position is filled. After the referred employee has completed 60 calendar days of full-time regular employee service, Human Resources/Staffing will process the referring person’s award and they will receive payment shortly filling out a form. To be eligible to receive the award, the referral must be able to provide a name and contact information of the referrer for contact for payout. Please note that referrals will not be paid on a rehire of a former employee within two years of their last separation date from General Dynamics or for any General Dynamics employee referring another General Dynamics employee, regardless of company or affiliate.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-40692
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Ft Meade, MD
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.