We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to join our team in Fort Meade, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
– The Network Engineer analyzes complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
– Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
– Configures systems to user environments. Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services.
– May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
– Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
– Develops technical solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
– Work is performed without appreciable direction.
– Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
– Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
– Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
– Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
– Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
– Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical maters often requiring coordination between organizations.
– May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
– Excludes those with full supervisory responsibility.
– Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
– Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
– Analyze and document network configurations in data centers
– Analyze and document LAN and WAN connectivity requirements for application systems
– Identify and document WAN connectivity and security requirements for supporting large scale data transfer
– Identify and document WAN connectivity and security requirements for complex application systems that need to interact with external interfaces.
– Support design, implementation, and optimization of network security solutions across a large enterprise environment with diverse network and security settings.
– US Citizen with minimum active DoD Secret clearance
– 7+ years’ experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise.
– Strong hands-on experience with LAN, WAN, Wireless Network, storage network, Voice over IP, Video Teleconference network management. Strong knowledge on various network.
– Technologies and configuration options for the aforementioned technology systems.
– Strong experience on enterprise IT infrastructure technologies, including VMWare virtualization, Windows, Linux, Unix (Oracle Solaris, HPUX, IBM AIX), load balancing, proxy, database, DHCP, DNS, etc.
– Strong hands-on experience with Cisco switch and router technology. Additional Juniper experience is highly desired.
– Strong hands-on experience in wide area network routing protocols and QoS configrations.
– Strong hands-on experience with network security solutions, including firewalls, virtual security overlay, identity and access management, network access control (NAC), network hardening
– Strong knowledge on virtual networking within a virtualize enterprise environment and cloud environment.
– Prior experience supporting data center migration.
– Knowledge with software defined networking and cloud computing.
– Strong communication skills. Strong experience in interacting with clients as a consultative professional.
– Knowledge and skills may be obtained from a 2-4 year professional computer/IT degree, technical training plus direct related experience.
– Advanced knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
– Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts.
– Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
– Has achieved industry standard certifications: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA.
– Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required.
– Excellent documentation skills are required.
Education / Certification Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
– DoD 8570 certified. DoD Secret or higher level clearance.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4503
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 6910 Cooper Avenue
Fort Meade, MD 20755
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.