What you’ll be doing…
You will be part of the Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) Support Team, focused on developing solutions that drive the success of our bleeding-edge networks and platforms. Utilizing your innovative mindset, you will lead cross-functional activities with partners in Planning, Performance, and Engineering. You’ll also serve as a subject-matter expert for the new platforms being deployed globally: MSE (Multi-Service Edge), UT (Unified Transport), and NGPON2.
– Identifying, evaluating, and driving new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of network design, routing switching, and the protocols used in the network stack to deliver intelligence and resiliency at the edge – MPLS, RSVP, ISIS, BGP, etc.
– Partnering internally and externally with vendors to provide leadership and review the design implementation of our next-generation network.
– Embracing agile methodologies and demonstrating an aptitude to adapt.
– Leading the effort to transform the way we do operations by promoting a DevOps mindset.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Six or more years of relevant work experience.
– Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering using BGP and MPLS-TE.
– Knowledge of IP Routing Protocols (ISIS, OSPF, BGP).
– Knowledge and experience with major router platforms – Juniper MX and Cisco NCS.
– Knowledge of Ethernet Switching technologies and Protocols.
Even better if you have:
– Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or EE.
– Extensive knowledge of network architecture.
– Experience with Network Slicing, Overlays, SDN, Network Controllers, and NFV Orchestration VNF Management.
– Deep understanding of modern router architecture including interworking of control plane and forwarding plane, switch fabric, and egress queuing.
– In-depth knowledge of Metro Ethernet architecture, Next Generation Packet transport technology, and an understanding of MEF standards.
– Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
– Eight or more years of experience in the telco industry focused on technology.
– Experience developing or consuming REST based web services.
– Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
– Hands-on Experience with multiple Software Defined Networking (SDN) controller architectures (OpenDaylight, Open Contrail, Northstar).
– Certification in OpenStack, CloudStack, or similar.
– Demonstrable knowledge of NextGen Optical Networks, 5G, SDN, NFV, and other leading technologies.
– Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and decision-making skills.
– Experience with network modeling tools like Cisco WAE or Juniper WANDL or OPNET for capacity augmentation and improvement where necessary during steady and failover state.
– Experience with Splunk for Proactive monitoring and Analysis using Next Generation telemetry, logging, reporting, dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills including an ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
– Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
– Ability to work well both independently and in diverse teams.
– Expert-level certifications (e.g. CCIE, JNCIE).
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.