SNC -Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 11th largest global design firm by ENR in 2016 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy. Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Alexandria, VA office as a Sr. Project Manager. Major Function/Role:
– Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of highly unconventional projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements. Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
– As a member of the Public & Private Business Unit, responsibilities including development and execution of the Mid- Atlantic Division strategy for growing the business, with a particular emphasis in Northern Virginia and the DC Metro area.Job Duties:
– Work involves management and coordination of usually large or complex projects involving significant billings, heavy regulatory agency involvement and unique management requirements and/or client needs.
– Identification of key opportunities, managing the capture process, including pre-positioning efforts, and managing proposal development under support of national marketing team.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in field of practice.
– This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities.
– P.E license is required
– PMP certification is preferred. Special Skills:
– Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency. Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.