Careers Center – Senior Project Manager, Electrical Engineering
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Senior Project Manager, Electrical Engineering
Location US-CA-San Diego
Posted Date 11 months ago(1/31/2017 1:11 PM)
Job ID 30254
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Buildings Engineering
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec’s San Diego office is looking for a skilled Sr. Project Manager who will be able to apply electrical engineering principals and superior client service skills to cultivate and deliver projects that exceed expectations. This individual will provide expert leadership in project management and relationship skills, leading integrated design teams and their interactions with Stantec’s clients.
The successful Project Manager will demonstrate a ‘client first’ approach to leadership while delivering innovative and technically sound solutions on projects. This individual strategically evaluates opportunities and challenges and incorporates well-developed consulting and technical skills into each client interaction.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Applies technical and project management expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets
– Provides electrical engineering oversight and design on projects and acts as Engineer of Record
– Acts as one of the QC reviewers for projects performed by other engineers
– Serves as a trainer, mentor and resource to others
– Holds their project team members accountable for deliverables
– Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business
– Provides client consultation; drawing on professional expertise and knowledge of Stantec’s services
– Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials
– Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering plus 10 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
– PE registration is required
– PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent is a plus
– Successful history of collaboration and teaming with contractors on Design-Build projects in addition to architects on design team led projects.
– Successful experience in engineering, design, and delivery of OSHPD 1 and 3 projects.
– Strong emphasis in experience and understanding of Healthcare Industry, specific to inpatient, outpatient and skilled nursing project types.
– Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes
– Strong understanding of California Building Codes, Title 24
– Understands and implements project management principles
– Ability to manage clients, projects, fees and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives
– Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines
– Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards
– Deep understanding and knowledge of power distribution systems, lighting systems, and low voltage systems for the built environment
– Strong knowledge of healthcare, higher education or military communities including architects, engineers, contractors, and facilities
– Ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
– Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
– Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
– Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements – may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements
Submit your Resume for this job
Submit your resume for this role
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at ************** or email ****************** if you need an accommodation to complete the application process. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/90284 →