Senior QA Engineer
Senior Software QA Engineer
Discover the new Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment – from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic QA team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. #discoverthenew
About the Role
AccuRev’s small, agile engineering team is looking for a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Software QA Engineer to design, develop, and maintain fully automated test suites for AccuRev’s award-winning Software Configuration Management (SCM) software product suite. AccuRev’s software is used by our customers in large mission-critical software development projects around the world. Success requires a high degree of discipline, focus, dedication and creativity.
The Senior Software QA Engineer creates a comprehensive testing strategy for AccuRev’s client/server, desktop and web application products, and works with the development team and product management to ensure it is successfully carried out. The perfect candidate has strong testing skills, extensive experience with test automation, and is comfortable with using story-based agile methodologies to build better software. We do not see QA as a testing-only role; the ability to partner with development, give continual feedback, and work together as a team is key to our success.
The Senior Software QA Engineer will
* Create quality strategies and plans that meet our product and release goals
* Be a key quality stakeholder on the product scrum team
* Create automated tests for continuous integration, continuous test and continuous deployment
* Develop enhancements to the test infrastructure as well as research new technologies and quality practices for continued innovation
* Design and implement test strategies for functional, system, regression, performance, and stress tests; impact quality across the full SDLC
* Prepare complex data sets to test logic, error handling, and system workflows
* Reproduce problem reports and customer issues and verify fixes
* Collaborate with the product owner and product managers to ensure new designs are high quality and test automation is achieved
* Work with developers to improve usability of the product
* Develop and recommend test practices and strategies for the team to improve the agile scrum process
Education and Experience
* BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent,
* 4+ years of proven quality software engineering experience; developer experience is a plus
Skills and Knowledge
* Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, practices and tools
* Comfortable with automated testing, and automation tools. Experience with Silk is a plus.
* Fluent in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Unix/Linux/Windows batch
* Experience with SQL relational databases
* In-depth experience in performance and stress testing
* Track record of delivering enterprise commercial applications to market
* Experience using Software Configuration Management products
* Enthusiastic, dedicated team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
* Confident interacting on technical issues directly with customers, third party providers, and internal support teams
* Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements
* Demonstrated innovative and creative thinking
If you want to be part of what’s next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.