CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
The Senior Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account team, responsible for technical and business requirements, discovery, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for CenturyLink’s full suite of products and solutions. Serves as account team technical lead for: Cloud, hosting, Virtualization, Security, Unified Communications, managed services and CPE solution design / engineering / consulting and proactively leverages other resources within the organization as need to address customer technology needs. The senior sales engineer is comfortable looking building relationships with customer technical resources once introduced.
• Participates in customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions to address the identified needs.
• Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in complex architectures involving Customer Premise Equipment, Networking, Enterprise/WAN service integration, Security, Voice/Video, Data Center Virtualization; also leveraging internal resources to close knowledge gap.
• Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution and the value it add to their business.
• Builds relationships with customers and strives to achieve the trusted advisor status.
• Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers and participates in strategic and tactical account planning
• Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers and peers in the local branch and across the region.
• Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support and continues to grow relationships with other key resources in the organization.
• Engages with internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers and works with product management as a channel for customer feedback.
• Managed Hosting Services, Outsourced infrastructure solutions, networking technologies
• IP routing and switching, Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture and Information Security
• Unified Communications (Voice and VoIP) technologies and products, customer premises communication (data, video, voice) equipment from major vendors.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 3-5 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment), and/or sales
• Industry leading certifications preferred from Network, Storage, Virtualization vendors (Cisco, Juniper, VMware, NetAapp and others)
• Professional level certifications such as CCNP, JNCIA, VMware VCP and others desired
• Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
• Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
• Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
Alternate Location: US-Michigan-Grand Rapids; US-Michigan-Southfield
Requisition #: 161559
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/69259 →