Employer Corporate Information Security Group has an immediate opening for an experienced and motivated Sr. Software Developer to join our Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Center (CSIRC) in Gaithersburg – MD.
As a Software Developer with the CSIRC team, you will leverage your background in software development and cybersecurity to evolve Employer’ cyber defense capabilities. In this role you will support activities like incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats through the continued evolution of existing custom capabilities, and the creation of new, innovative, cutting-edge solutions. You will work closely with a team of Cyber Intel Analysts, providing subject matter expertise to tactical solutions, and applying your technical expertise and leadership to longer term development efforts that solve challenging problems.
– Rapid application prototyping and direct user interaction.
– Code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
– Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
– Integration of platforms leveraging APIs (REST, JSON etc.)
– Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
– Collaborate with subject-matter experts across cybersecurity to improve the defensive posture of our sponsors through prototyping.
– Develop tools to detect, capture, analyze and neutralize network and host-based attack methodologies and unknown vulnerabilities
– Understand capabilities of various third party Cyber security products used for Perimeter security, Network security, Endpoint security, data security and threat intelligence.
– Understand processes and playbooks executed by Security Operations that uses various Cyber security products to detect, investigate, and remediate Cybersecurity related issues.
– Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
– Bachelors degree and minimum 8 years of software development experience, including 5+ years of programming experience in enterprise class applications, with a core competency in designing and implementing service integration applications in a security driven environment.
– Software Engineering experience to include substantive Java J2EE, PHP. Java, Perl and SQL programming and relational database skills for maintaining and developing web-based and other system applications
– Proven experience and depth in cyber software development with Perl and Python, in addition to experience with other Object Oriented Programming (OOP) languages (Java, Ruby).
– Experience with full life cycle software development (design, development, unit test and software integration test).
– Experience with scripting languages (Shell Script, Korn, Bash, etc.).
– Previous success creating prototype or production cybersecurity applications
– Excellent understanding of integration with third party APIs (JSON, REST, XML etc.)
– Experience with asynchronous messaging such as Apache Kafka
– Experience with the use of an Integrated Development Environment or VI and use of content management application (Subversion, Git, or other) in a Linux development environment.
– Experience in utilizing relational database or No SQL database.
– Understanding of Cyber Security & Information Security technology
– Understanding of common Cryptographic Primitives
– Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
– Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
– Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
– Knowledge of advanced cyber threats, adversary methodologies, and cyber threat intelligence
– Experience in red-teaming, penetration testing, exploitation
– Experience in incident response (hunt), blue teaming, reverse engineering
– Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
– Assembly such as x86, x86_64, ARM
– Windows or Linux kernel level development
– Cyber threat intelligence experience
– Experience working with Cloud services (AWS/Azure)
Employer is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Employer reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Employer with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit ****************. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.