MediaRadar is a cloud-based ad sales information service. We help websites, magazines, television networks, and newspapers dramatically improve ad sales and client management. MediaRadar provides its clients with detailed brand analysis and prospecting reports on over 2.6 million brands, culling advertising and editorial insights from more than 16,000 media properties. We help to give our more than 1600 clients a competitive edge by empowering their Sales Teams to enhance and streamline their sales processes using our unique SaaS platform service.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a lean and agile team of experienced software developers? Do you want to work with new technologies and platforms, and have both the ability and strong desire to take on an individual assignment and complete it soup to nuts? MediaRadar may be the place for you!
Please read through the full description below for responsibilities and requirements.
Youll be responsible for the following software feature activities:
* Shared responsibility in the Design and Architecture of a feature
* Ensure that the proper plumbing is in place for the given feature
* Analyze complexity
* Implementation (i.e. coding) of the feature in a mostly vertical fashion (i.e UI, Business Layer, Database Access and Schema Design, External Interfaces, Unit Tests, Integration Tests)
* Ensure quality of implementation and support the feature during testing/bug fixing/user testing phase
* Ensure overall quality of the software (quality of code, performance, security, extensibility, etc.)
Qualities / Attributes of an excellent Senior Software Developer:
* Smart and gets the job done
* Motivated, works extra without being asked
* Technically strong, has deep understanding of current and future technology
* Has a strong technical gut feel, hunches about where problems lie (hunches are more right than wrong)
* Must be a great team member
* Passionate about the team, project and work
* Hardworking and fully dedicated to the success of the project
* Is a constant learner, continuous contributor to team IQ level
* Pushing innovation and emerging technologies forward
* Able to interface and communicate effectively with people in other parts of the company
The Senior Developer will ideally have 4-6 years of web application / platform development, have experience starting, completing and supporting SaaS solutions and be able to:
* Identify any gaps in application platform, propose and implement solutions
* Become a key contributor to feature scoping and development estimates. Your projections have a high (90%+) degree of accuracy. You rarely, if ever, miss the due date
* Be responsible for implementation (i.e engineering and coding) features in a mostly vertical fashion (i.e UI, Business Layer, Database Access and Schema Design, External Interfaces). Senior developer is able to code across all levels with ease. Their code is well structured and displays best practices in software development
* Ensure quality of implementation and support the feature during testing/bug fixing phase. Senior developers are proactive about developer testing. They frequently utilize unit tests to ensure long term health of their code. Senior developers have drastically less bugs in their code. They are quick to fix issues that come up.
* Use engineering know-how and common sense to assess impact of their work on the platform
* As much as you love the elegance and power of good architecture, your number one focus is delivering software to do the job and you pride yourself on doing that well
* Tackle hard engineering problems with many unknowns, fail fast, find how to get the job done
* Ability to code in C# (4.0+)
* Knowledge of ******* MVC 4/5
* Knowledge of enterprise platforms and tools: Microsoft .NET plus VS .NET 2012/2013
* Knowledge of database ORM tools: NHibernate is a huge plus!
* Understanding of Web and Client application development
* Strong knowledge of database programming: SQL Server 2008 or higher
* Big Data / Datawarehouse experience is desired, but not required
We value our employees time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, including vision and dental, 401K with match and transit discounts and a comfortable, informal office with a friendly atmosphere. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We are located just a few blocks from Penn Station and Herald Square.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/55637 →