CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with experience working on Open Source software and familiarity with OpenStack. In this role, you will work with seasoned engineers who are creating new products and services using leading-edge NFV and SDN technology. As a key member of the team you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience with Linux
- Proven experience with virtualization technologies such as KVM
- OpenStack experience desirable
- Expert Python language skills; experience with scripting and Ansible a plus
- Experience with networking / NFV desirable
- Experience with source code control tools (Git)
- Familiarity with systems orchestration
- Excellent system understanding and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work on your own in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
• Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat/CentOS)
• OpenStack or Open Source development a huge plus
• Solid NFV or telco product development experience
• Expert Python and/or Java and scripting skills required, Ansible a plus
• Networking technologies (L2 switching, L3 routing)
• Virtualization (KVM/libvirt)
• Kernel, Utilities, Installation, package management
• Automation Testing
• Development of reliable, fault-tolerant software
• Agile practices, experience with source code control (Git)
• Bachelor’s in CS/ECE or equivalent experience
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Massachusetts-Framingham
Requisition #: 161807
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/97632 →