Senior Software Developer
Date: Apr 3, 2018
Location: Milan, IL, US, 61264-3232
Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Milan
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Developer – 39383
As a Senior Software Developer, at the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG – Milan), you will provide technical leadership to an Agile (scrum) team working on Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and Big Data concepts. In addition, you will:
* Participate in all aspects of the team’s work, including development, design, testing, and analysis.
* Perform hands-on code development and delivery and ensure that coding standards, patterns and approaches are appropriate, consistent and of high quality.
* Provide guidance to other team members of design solutions or coding practices within the team.
* Be considered an expert within the team on tools and technology in use.
* Work with members of the team by pairing, coaching and review.
* Lead the way in terms of new technology adoption for betterment of product reliability.
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
* 5 or more years of experience in designing and developing Java applications
* 1 or more years of experience with AWS technologies
* Experience in TDD, Agile methodologies
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, comprehension, and presentation)
* Experience working in a team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
* Experience with AWS technologies and concepts, specifically: Kinesis, Lambda, ECS/EC2, API Gateway
* Virtualization experience, specifically with Docker
* Understanding of different components of JDLink system
* Advanced degree
Education (or equivalent work experience)
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Engineering or Technology discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Java, Virtualization, Testing, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/147362 →